Can I have just the HD package and nothing else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I will have cable starting tomorrow since I can't watch the D* SD picture anymore. I would like to keep the HD package at 9.99 and no other "package". Is this possible? I don't want to call customer service without having this board opinion.

Thanks

Sergio

Thanks. Too bad. I guess I will keep the basic package (total choice) and the HD . 44.99+9.99.

slimoli said:
I will have cable starting tomorrow since I can't watch the D* SD picture anymore. I would like to keep the HD package at 9.99 and no other "package". Is this possible? I don't want to call customer service without having this board opinion.

Thanks

Sergio

Dish Network does not advertise it, but you can get an HD only package from them. The catch is you have to purchase a Dish HD reciever (they will not offer the HD only package to customers who lease equipment). So you can buy a DishNetwork HD receiver and have someone locally install it, then you can purcahse their HD package a-la-cart. It will cost you like $26 a month, but that will get you 26 National HD channels, not counting any Local HD channels that you can get either via sat or OTA antenna.

I'm right now having only right now having the HD pack with intenational programming, no other packages. They can do it if you get a crs that doesn't know what they are doing. I'm also qualify to get Sunday ticket without any packages either.

But my question is, why would you want HD with D*? I just move to Cable for HD and i'm always grinning from ear to ear each i see HD on cable. It's a big diffrence from D*

Just to keep my HD-TIVO alive and wait for a miracle in 2007 with the new national HDs and a new MPEG4 HD DVR. D* has ESPN2-HD and UHD which my cable hasn't , on the other hand I now have STARZ-HD and MAX-HD.

You are absolutely right: My cable has a HD picture 30% better than D* and a SD picture 70% better. I can now watch SD on my 73" and that was my goal.

Thank you guys for your comments. I will call D* now.

Sergio

slimoli said:
Just to keep my HD-TIVO alive and wait for a miracle in 2007 with the new national HDs and a new MPEG4 HD DVR. D* has ESPN2-HD and UHD which my cable hasn't , on the other hand I now have STARZ-HD and MAX-HD.

You are absolutely right: My cable has a HD picture 30% better than D* and a SD picture 70% better. I can now watch SD on my 73" and that was my goal.

Thank you guys for your comments. I will call D* now.

Sergio
You could subscribe to the Para Todos Seleccion Extra at $29.99 and get your HDTV package.:)

Ok. Done deal. Just canceled my service. Retention told me that whithout a basic package there was NO WAY they could give me the HD package. I am VERY happy that I got rid of Directv and if you care about picture quality I strongly recommend you do the same. I am sure my cable is not the best in US but the PQ is much better than D*.

Very cheap HD-TIVO in pristine conditions to be listed at Ebay very soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)