Can I have more than 4 TVs hooked up.

mraudit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Omaha, NE
Hello all! I have had Dish for a few years now, and was wondering how I go about hooking up more than 4 TVs. I have a 622, and a 522 now controlling 4 tvs. We recently moved to a larger house, and I would like to put a TV in one of the spare bedrooms, and one in the home office. Would I have to have more than one dish? Can an installer come out and hook up a splitter from my current set up without adding another dish? Sorry I am pretty ignorant on this stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

Tim

You can. The question I would have is could you backfeed the signal from a couple of the TVs? You could put a 'splitter' on the TV2 out and feed it to another room. The same content would be on both TVs, but I don't know if that's important to you or not. I did this with a spare TV in my basement. I just took the RF (TV2) remote down when I wanted to watch TV down there.

If not, you could add a switch to create additional outputs for the other receiver(s). I think you would have to buy it and the switch. The 'DP44' can be set up in series to add additional outputs and you could add something like a vip722 to feed 2 tvs. I'm sure there are many more alternatives. I was just thinking outloud. :)

Switches and separators, not splitters. Just call a local installer and explain what you want. Then he'll explain what he wants. ;)

It's easy. And if there's little need for new coax runs, quick.

The mirror solution would definitely be the most cost effective, seeing as Dish will now only allow 4 tuners to be leased. Adding the switch is no big deal, though it depends on your dish/LNB setup (see: Don't mix DPP LNb's with 44 switches!)

If your system is diplexed, you will add splitters to the UHF outputs of the first [from the dish or switch] diplexer(s) then the two outputs of each splitter will be your tv2's for each receiver.

If you have direct backfeeds (no diplexers) you will simply split off of that line coming from the back of each receiver.

Order a couple of replacement tv2 remotes. set the remote address', and voila, 6 tv's~ :D

BLang, I have no idea what you are talking about. I think the best thing to do is find an independent installer to come out to my new home and tell me what they can do.

Anyone know of a good installer in Omaha, Nebraska?

Thanks.

Sorry for being more specific than you required!

To answer your question simply:

Yes, an installer can come out and get you going with your desired setup without changing or replacing your dishes. :)

Apologies again for the confusion ;)

Then you'll need a new receiver and a switch. A 322 receiver will work fine if it's two SDTV's that you're adding. You'll also need a switch to allow them to be hooked to your existing setup.

I think the DPP33 switches are out...if you're currently using Dish Pro Plus to run one dual-tuner receiver off of one coax , that'd be your best bet. There's also the DPP44, which is quite a bit more in price.

If you use two cables to run each dual tuner, then you could trunk together two DP34's.

Generally I think you need to purchase the switch, but if you haggle them enough you may get lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts