Can I have two sling adapters? ...and can I upgrade to a 722k w/o contract?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Right now I have a VIP 211k, 622, and 722k.

The 722k has a sling adapter.

Would it possible to upgrade my 622 to a 722k and add another sling adapter?

Also, can I upgrade my 622 to a 722 without renewing my contract? Does Dish offer any deals for doing this or would I have a purchase a 722 outright from another store?

Has it been at least a year since your last upgrade/deal? That would help. There are a few factors in determining what deal, of any, you would be offered.

I certainly advise against buying. Leasing is the way to go today.

Normally the only way to do a Dish 'N It Up is to renew a contract. If you do not want to, Dish may grant an exception otherwise you will have to purchase one. I would just renew the contract because you will get the equipent cheap and someone will install it for you.

Yes, you can have two slings on your account. They will both share the ISP bandwidth. Upgrades do require a 24 month commitment and credit card authorization for $1.00. If you need any assistance, please let me know!

note also that currently users only have *one* login to their account, and to watch sling adapters, you have to loginto the account. don't give your kids the user/pass because if they use it on someone else's computer, or give it to someone or even just mess with the account themselves.. you could have some problems..

Also, the last DVR active with sling is the next one active when a user logs in. So if I am watching my sling, and someone else logs in to watch the other ... if i log out first, then they log out.. the next time I connect, it will be the *other* sling that is active ... and I have to change back to mine before trying to use it..

note also that currently users only have *one* login to their account, and to watch sling adapters, you have to loginto the account. don't give your kids the user/pass because if they use it on someone else's computer, or give it to someone or even just mess with the account themselves.. you could have some problems..

Also, the last DVR active with sling is the next one active when a user logs in. So if I am watching my sling, and someone else logs in to watch the other ... if i log out first, then they log out.. the next time I connect, it will be the *other* sling that is active ... and I have to change back to mine before trying to use it..

Well, that was confusing as hell. ANd what kind of "problems" are you referring to?

Well, that was confusing as hell. ANd what kind of "problems" are you referring to?
Junior shows off to friends.. friends computer has user/pass sniffer.... junior compromises the *ONLY* account that dish gives you.. so if someone wanted to be malicious .. they could cancel your service, sign you up for playboy, etc etc etc

You're away on a trip ... wife is over at friends.. she access sling .. shows friends some things.. you login and get pissed because you can't find that sports event ... oh duh.. wrong receiver have to switch over to the *other* sling.

etc
etc
etc

Junior shows off to friends.. friends computer has user/pass sniffer.... junior compromises the *ONLY* account that dish gives you.. so if someone wanted to be malicious .. they could cancel your service, sign you up for playboy, etc etc etc

You're away on a trip ... wife is over at friends.. she access sling .. shows friends some things.. you login and get pissed because you can't find that sports event ... oh duh.. wrong receiver have to switch over to the *other* sling.

etc
etc
etc

THanks, a little clearer. So you can't switch receivers online? How do you do it then?

When you log into your online account, it should list all receivers that are capable to connect remotely and allow you to switch from one receiver to another.

THanks, a little clearer. So you can't switch receivers online? How do you do it then?

So yeah (as Ray explained).. you can.. its more of the .. "damned it! where's that sports event" ... and the facepalm when you realize you forgot up above to select the right receiver... also I've a family member that has yet to figure that out ... bitchin' at *me* cause I use it all the time and they can't get their stuff cause they can't remember how to get it switched from the Android phone.. (she's not technically inclined).

One nicety that was carried over from DRA is the "NickName" of the receiver.. so if you name them for who uses them, or for the room they are in... that's often helpful ... it shows you on the web page (D.O. & DRA) which one you're on ... and in andriod (probably the same in apple stuffs) you just have to go to the options menu in the device's application.

(now if dishonline.com would at least work without starting events on TV1 without asking - its a bug, you click the "play" button on a DVR'd event, and instead of playing in the web browser, it *immediately* starts playing on TV1 ... and may or may not start in the web browser... most of the time I attempt it in these past 3 weeks, I get liveTV from the sling adapter, rather than the DVR show I wanted to watch)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts