Can I hook 2 recievers to 1 TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How many inputs does your tv have? and are you hooking up by component or S-video. If your tv only has 1 set of s-video and no component, get a box from radioshack with more s-video inputs or hook up by rca only. I have a 501, a 6000, a direct tv reciever, and 2 dvd players hooked to my hitachi( it has 2 component, and 3 s-video inputs)

I have to assume you have an HDTV TV since you have the 6000. You would hok up the 6000 via component to get HDTV. The non-HD recvr. could be hooked into the S-video input on the TV or, at the least, via RCA cables.

We have our 6000 hooked into the plasma for HD via compnent. The other sources are via S-video (DirectTV via VCR) and another VCR as well. Since we have two S-video sources i am using an inexpensive RS switchbox to switch between the two to feed into the one input on the plasma.

...mike

John Corn said:
I just bought a 6000u receiver, can I hook it along with my 721 to my RPTV?

I have three satellite receivers plugged into one of my TVs (two of them are a 6000u and a 510), so why not? Most RPTVs I've seen have at least three input jack sets. Mine has seven: 4 composite, 2 component and one DVI.

--- WCS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)