can I hook a 522 to a 625

ederd60

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I've got a dvr522 with alot of saved recorded events on it. Is it possible to hook to my dvr625 or to same tv in series to watch 522 recorded events? There is nothing wrong with the 522 or 625 any help is apreciated. Thanks, ederd60

The short answer would be no. But you could use the the AV outputs and hook it up that way.

Also I think you will have to have both tuners hooked up on both DVR's.

If your TV supports two sets of AV jacks, you can hook up the 522 directly to the TV, without hooking up the satellite antenna wires to it and watch your recorded events from the 522. You could also run another set of wires from your satellite switch and pay for an additional receiver fee ($5) and have both active receivers hooked up to your TV set, but that would also cost you to run a new set of wires (and possible switch upgrade as well).

When I upgraded my wife's 721 to a 942, I took the two satellite feeds from the 721 and hooked them up to the 942 and then called Dish to deactivate her 721 and activate the 942, . Both receivers were hooked up to the TV by input 1 and input 2 and she could watch her old programs off the 721 and still watch and record new content off her 942. If your TV doesn't have an available set of AV jacks, you could always buy a $20 switch and set of cables from Radioshack and you'd be all set. You may need to change your remote control codes for one of the boxes and it's remote, so that the two different remotes don't interfere with each other.

$10 - the DVR fee is duplicated in addition to the additional box fee.

No reason they both have to be active though.

Pepper said:
$10 - the DVR fee is duplicated in addition to the additional box fee.

No reason they both have to be active though.

Definately no reason to have both hooked up unless two tuners isn't enough and you want four. You are right on the $5 DVR fee; I always forget about that because my fee is waived with AEP. And, one or both of the fees (it might now be $1 extra for an additional HD box, if memory serves me correctly) might be going up to $6 soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)