CAN I HOOK UP DIRECTV TO A REMOTE LOACATION

Status
Please reply by conversation.

auctioneeral

Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
nj
couple of questions. i have directv here in south jersey. i was wordering if i could take one of my recievers to a summer home in the harrisburg,pa area, without having to pay any extra charges.
i figure i would have to install a dish on the cabin run the wiring in the cabin and just hook up the reciever up when i go up there to spend the weekends. i have 3 hd recievers home but only 2 are hook up right now , because son when with comcast. so the extra reciever is just sitting here not be used, so i figured if i hook up dish stuff i could get tv in cabin. i dont need hd at the cabin,just regualar tv. if i can hook it up can i use just a plain dish.
thanks
allen

yes it will work but the receiver has to be active on the account

Just bring a current receiver with you on the weekends and bring it back when you're done. We've been doing that for 13 years now

technically if you leave it there permanently that is considered account stacking/splitting and is frowned upon by the carriers and us here at Satelliteguys ;)

the receiver is active. and i would bring it home when we leave the cabin.
Is it hard to setup a dish. all i would need is a dish and cable to run from dish to receiver right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)