Can I keep my Directv rec. when I leave Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
In all likelihood in a month or so I will be switching from Directv to Uverse. Have been a Directv customer for about 5 years. I have three receivers. My HDDVR HR24 I pd. $199 for about 2 years ago. Can't remember if I bought it from the Directv website or an independent on line retailer but obviously I activated it through Directv. I also have an HR22 and an Hr20 I believe.
Am I entitled to keep any of them? I suspect the answer is no but can't recall the rule on the boxes.
Thanks...

dfecarter said:
In all likelihood in a month or so I will be switching from Directv to Uverse. Have been a Directv customer for about 5 years. I have three receivers. My HDDVR HR24 I pd. $199 for about 2 years ago. Can't remember if I bought it from the Directv website or an independent on line retailer but obviously I activated it through Directv. I also have an HR22 and an Hr20 I believe.
Am I entitled to keep any of them? I suspect the answer is no but can't recall the rule on the boxes.
Thanks...

Call and ask them to check the RID#'s and that'll tell you but like Claude said, more then likely everything gets returned. $199 for an owned box is highly unlikely.

Thanks...

If you paid $199 for an hd dvr then it is leased, owned equipment cost more than $300, another way to know is if they put you in a commitment if im correct

Thanks for input...yeah I have a fuzzy recollection that I may have asked them about the HR24 and they answered something like well it's work $600.
As far as my commitment goes, it's up in August but can get out of it now at a rate of $20 per month. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll waive the last 2 month, yeah right.
I once got out of a Dishnetwork commitment by emailing some exec. - if anyone has an email for Directv I'll take it :)

If you're leaving them as a customer, I don't see any reason they'd want to waive the fee. What's in it for them?

Nothing, other than to make my final exchange with them more favorable in hopes that I'll return someday. Well I'll be calling in a few weeks to cancel service and will get my questions answered then.

Hi, I just closed my DTV account after 6 years. My building finally got FIOS. What a picture and lightning fast internet. And at least $60 per month cheaper. I was told to return my HD-DVR and HD non-DVR receivers when they send a box for them. Also was told to keep the standard box and the HD dish. I took the dish apart and threw it out.

Not gonna miss the weather related problems. The only thing I'll miss is Sunday Ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts