Can I move equipment to another house and bring it back to my original whenever I choose without a tech?

Salvaje

Original poster
Jun 14, 2022
Tuckerton
My problem:
My vacation home is 50 miles from my residence, both in the same state. Because of the geographic shape of the county where my vacation residence is located, Dish considers it to be in the market area of another state 200 miles away. So I get the local channels of a city and state to which I have no connection. In the past I had "dish move" change the installation to my regular residence and then I would take the equipment back to my vacation home and I would get my local programing for my residence city and state. As a side note 2 miles from my vacation home is another county which is in the same market as my residence home with the locals I seek. Now I have the hopper and its installed in the vacation home. If I have "dish move" install the equipment at my residence home and I bring the equipment back to my vacation home, will it work as though it was at my residence home. I held out as long as I could without getting the hopper but now I have had to convert.

My problem:
My vacation home is 50 miles from my residence, both in the same state. Because of the geographic shape of the county where my vacation residence is located, Dish considers it to be in the market area of another state 200 miles away. So I get the local channels of a city and state to which I have no connection. In the past I had "dish move" change the installation to my regular residence and then I would take the equipment back to my vacation home and I would get my local programing for my residence city and state. As a side note 2 miles from my vacation home is another county which is in the same market as my residence home with the locals I seek. Now I have the hopper and its installed in the vacation home. If I have "dish move" install the equipment at my residence home and I bring the equipment back to my vacation home, will it work as though it was at my residence home. I held out as long as I could without getting the hopper but now I have had to convert.
Provided the spotbeam is viewable at both locations, and I think it probably would be based on what you have stated, that would work just fine. People do this all the time just like an RV account.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Provided the spotbeam is viewable at both locations, and I think it probably would be based on what you have stated, that would work just fine. People do this all the time just like an RV account.
I thought that would be the case but when I googled the question the only related answers were rv sites that had problems with moving equipment to other rooms and rvs which made me wonder if hopper worked differently than my previous units with which I was able to do it.

I thought that would be the case but when I googled the question the only related answers were rv sites that had problems with moving equipment to other rooms and rvs which made me wonder if hopper worked differently than my previous units with which I was able to do it.
As long as you are setup the same way for a Hopper service in both locations it is as simple as plugging it in.

I'm a full-time RV'er and move all over the east coast from time to time. At each location where we'll be staying for more than a day or two, I set up and aim a portable tripod mounted residential dish for our Hopper w/Sling (H2). Quite often a move keeps us in the same locals market and that's fine with us. There's no reason it shouldn't work for you as well.

When we were splitting our time between Colorado and Las Vegas back in 2014 we had Dish install an antenna and we brought our receiver with us on the road. We'd call Dish to tell them when we switched locations to have the local programming be correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)