H3 or recent update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JeffN9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Oregon, WI.
Has anyone else experienced the loss of DVR recordings lately? About a week ago I noticed that several war movies that I recorded on Memorial Day(on TCM) had just vanished into thin air. The next day I realized that it was not just those movies but several other recordings were gone including some of my wife's shows. My wife was a bit PO'd because some of the recordings were season finale episodes. It looks like we can stream most of the lost stuff but that can be a PITA sometimes and you have to watch commercials, oh the humanity:) It's like two rows of recordings in the DVR just disappeared. Around this time I noticed that the H3 had turned itself on which does happen after updates sometimes.

The most recent H3 software I have is H319 downloaded on 5-24. Did a recent update cause the problem or is my H3 getting ready to take a dump?

Last edited:
Did you look in the Trash at the top of the reocrdings list? Or in any folders that you might have set up?
Yes, not in trash. The OTA recordings were in their own automatically created folders. The entire folder with 3-5 recordings each disappeared. Also tried rebooting everything but they didn't come back.

You may have exceeded the number of programs the H3 can display. If you delete several you may see the missing programs reappear.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, not in trash. The OTA recordings were in their own automatically created folders. The entire folder with 3-5 recordings each disappeared. Also tried rebooting everything but they didn't come back.
Do you have timer defaults set to keep all recordings?

You may have exceeded the number of programs the H3 can display. If you delete several you may see the missing programs reappear.
Hmmm, that's interesting. Right now it says that my DVR is at 1% capacity. It can vary up to 10% but never above that. I know that indicator is not very accurate but wouldn't it show a much higher number before I experienced any recording loses?

Just looked through the 50 or so timers we have and by default all say, "keep all events". Never knew exactly what that accomplished, please enlighten me. If it keeps them where are they??
All your recordings should be there. I don't know why you aren't seeing them.

I also noticed that at least one of the timers(Better Call Saul) changed to a "seek" timer after the 3-4 recordings we had disappeared. So it seems that the loss of the recordings also may have messed with the shows timer.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've noticed some movies that I had recorded nearly 10 years ago (among them, Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima) that have only appeared on TCM once) have disappeared from my recorder. I notice more that there are fewer titles since I don't recall all of the content but those are two that I know I had but no longer do. Most of the content was TCM content. I had assumed that they perhaps disappeared when TCM lost rights to them and the older versions "expired".

Edit: weird, Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima are both back, but a bunch of other older titles I recorded are still missing.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)