Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Was doing some home work for Dish tonight and had it tuned to the Hopper channel (channel 103) which I have watched a lot over the years.

It wasn’t until tonight that I noticed that this video is so old it is using the old Dish logo which I believe changed over 3 years ago.

Who knows maybe they will update it once the new Android devices are ready.

Here is to hoping. :)

Was doing some home work for Dish tonight and had it tuned to the Hopper channel (channel 103) which I have watched a lot over the years.

It wasn’t until tonight that I noticed that this video is so old it is using the old Dish logo which I believe changed over 3 years ago.

If you think that is old, you had better not check out the SD video on channel 480 (simulcast on channel 101 for ViP and older receivers). Your heart might not be able to take it! :eeek

I could see a brand new Android Info channel (suggestion: 104 HD) being launched instead, that would only be accessible on Android-capable devices. This would be similar to the way the existing Hopper channel (which should continue on channel 103 HD) is only accessible on Hopper devices. (Early on, 103 HD was in the clear for all HD receivers. I got a kick out of watching it on my ViP211 at the time. Dish quickly fixed that glitch, though.) That way, there would be a custom Info channel tailored to whichever Dish interface you happen to be using at the time.

We've been trying to suggest they update that channel for a long time (and provide a Spanish version) but like most things that Techs ask for, it falls on deaf ears

We've been trying to suggest they update that channel for a long time (and provide a Spanish version) but like most things that Techs ask for, it falls on deaf ears
I found it! I made a suggestion for an update to these channels way back in 2018. I still like my idea for how Dish could make these Info channels more entertaining. Enjoy!
Okay, here is my idea for an ad campaign whenever Dish is ready to come out with the Hopper Duo 2. They could call it the Hopper Tutu, and the mascot would be an animated kangaroo wearing a tutu and explaining the features and benefits of the new Hopper. Then the Joeys hop out of her pouch to explain the benefits of adding a Joey, and the different types of Joeys that are available. You have to admit, this would be more entertaining than those guys on the Dish 101 and Hopper Insider channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Lawyers probably nixed your idea because you published it publicly and could claim Dish stole the idea from you and/or they might have to pay you for the idea.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Lawyers probably nixed your idea because you published it publicly and could claim Dish stole the idea from you and/or they might have to pay you for the idea.
Yeah, I'm sure that is the only reason why Dish would not want to use this suggestion. :biggrin

The whole idea was meant to be a parody, a play on the term "Hopper Duo 2" which is a product that, to this day, does not actually exist. I still think a 2TB internal hard drive version of the Hopper Duo would be a good idea, though. Dish must have enough old hard drives that they could "refurbish" from the older Hopper models by now, so that they would no longer need to cannibalize hard drives from old ViP DVR's to make "new" Hopper Duos. That would be a nice feature to include in the Hopper Duo 2. That way, you would have the same storage capacity as other Hoppers, just with fewer tuners and a lower monthly fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)