Can I "move" to Cleveland?

havok019

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 30, 2005
I live in Louisville and I'd like to "move" to Cleveland, when C-Town goes HD. Looks like the locals are on 110 for Louisville and Cleveland. I checked out the spotbeam maps and don't think I'm in the coverage area. Not sure though. I should still be able to pick up the OTA locals in Lousville. Will I be able to get the big 4 HD channels and the regional sports when Cleveland goes HD?

If not, what about Columbus on the 129. I know CBus HD hasn't been announced yet, just for information. I'd like to "move" into the FoxOH and STO regional area for HD on NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox and for the regional sports.

Thanks for the help.

Any new HD locals will *probably* go on spotbeams. No one can tell though until they get uplinked.

Funny - I'm IN Cleveland and have been wanting to *move* elsewhere. :)

Any new HD locals will *probably* go on spotbeams. No one can tell though until they get uplinked.

Funny - I'm IN Cleveland and have been wanting to *move* elsewhere. :)

Hahaha. Me too. The only thing that has prevented me is that I'd lose STO and FSN ohio.

also it would seem as though locals will be put on the 61.5 satellite for HD...now this isnt for sure, but it seems as though they are prepping that satellite for spotbeam locals. And I know of a couple people here in northeast ohio that cant get the 129 satellite, me included, I see VERY little 1000+ installed here. My ultimate dream would be to get the big 4 on 61.5 and then switch FSN and STO over to 61.5 as well!

so, when Cleveland goes HD, people with the 1000 will not be able to get it?

If Cleveland goes HD on 61.5 spotbeams, those of us with the 1000 (myself included) will need a wing dish for 61.5. I'm sure E* (err.. DISH Network) will take the opportunity to try and get me under contract.

If Cleveland goes HD on 61.5 spotbeams, those of us with the 1000 (myself included) will need a wing dish for 61.5. I'm sure E* (err.. DISH Network) will take the opportunity to try and get me under contract.

well, that kinda sucks for those of us who do not "live" in Cleveland

well, that kinda sucks for those of us who do not "live" in Cleveland

Dont take me saying that it might happen as that is what is happening...Just all signs point to that right now. Dish has been testing Spotbeams on 61.5 for awhile now, and I would assume closer to the time the new sat goes up we will see them throw that into Spotbeam mode and move nationals off of it, onto the new sat or somewhere else....and since cleveland is one of the First markets to get lit up, it would APPEAR that is where they are going, but with Dish being such a sporatic company right now, who knows what is going on, and to tell you the truth, who knows if we will get HD locals...remember we were already announced last year or the year before as coming soon!

Dont take me saying that it might happen as that is what is happening...Just all signs point to that right now. Dish has been testing Spotbeams on 61.5 for awhile now, and I would assume closer to the time the new sat goes up we will see them throw that into Spotbeam mode and move nationals off of it, onto the new sat or somewhere else....and since cleveland is one of the First markets to get lit up, it would APPEAR that is where they are going, but with Dish being such a sporatic company right now, who knows what is going on, and to tell you the truth, who knows if we will get HD locals...remember we were already announced last year or the year before as coming soon!

Let's assume you are right. I moved to Cleveland for the Browns games this past year, and if I need an additional dish, or a part there-of I'd do it, but I think I'd have to explain why I needed it in Erie, PA?

Dish will have a problem if people start needing 2 dishes on their house,
Especially in cities where directv gives the locals in hd on one dish. People will be jumping to directv for sure. I am in the new orleans area and rumors are that dish will offer the locals in hd soon on 61.5. My dish doesnt get 61.5,( i get 110,119, and 129) and i wlll not add another dish. Although when i signed up, dish csr promised hd locals before 12-31-06.and with the dish that they installed. It is now 2008 and still no locals. I am waiting to see when the hd locals are offered, if i would need a 2nd dish, i will switch to directv. Dish would also have a lot of expense to add everyone that needs a 2nd dish for free.

to the OP, I dont think youll be able to get the Cleveland locals. I live in Indianapolis, and moved here from Cleveland, and want my local news and Cavs games. Well, the locals are currently on a spotbeam that will not reach Indy, so I dont think it will make it to Louisville. Theres a map floating around somewhere here that shows where each spotbeam reaches. I think its in digiblurs sig

Dish will have a problem if people start needing 2 dishes on their house,
Especially in cities where directv gives the locals in hd on one dish. People will be jumping to directv for sure. I am in the new orleans area and rumors are that dish will offer the locals in hd soon on 61.5. My dish doesnt get 61.5,( i get 110,119, and 129) and i wlll not add another dish. Although when i signed up, dish csr promised hd locals before 12-31-06.and with the dish that they installed. It is now 2008 and still no locals. I am waiting to see when the hd locals are offered, if i would need a 2nd dish, i will switch to directv. Dish would also have a lot of expense to add everyone that needs a 2nd dish for free.
"two dishes"..
All of the NE US, Southern FL and Southern TX need a two dish solution to receive HD programming as these locataions cannot "see" the 129 orbital slot.
If you prefer to not have a second dish, you have two choices. DTV or cable..
BTW No CSR would make such a promise. Especially using that exact word.
There are Dish CSR's on here. They will attest to that.

to the OP, I dont think youll be able to get the Cleveland locals. I live in Indianapolis, and moved here from Cleveland, and want my local news and Cavs games. Well, the locals are currently on a spotbeam that will not reach Indy, so I dont think it will make it to Louisville. Theres a map floating around somewhere here that shows where each spotbeam reaches. I think its in digiblurs sig
here's a link ot the map of the Cleveland spot beam coverage area...Louisville, Ky is outside the range of the spot.

http://jameslong.name/spots/2591-31s09-11.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)