Can I "move" with DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I'm currently a Dish customer in the WNY area. I used to be with D* and now I regret the decision. One of the obsticles preventing me from switiching is that i've already purchased Center Ice with Dish.

With D* can I "move" to New York City allowing me to get the locals and MSG HD? Are the satellites spotbeam or ConUS?

Its a big decision for me as I am in contract and will have to pay 120ish to cancel. But quite frankly i've been incredibly disapointed with Dish and would love to have MSG and SciFI in HD.

I'm currently a Dish customer in the WNY area. I used to be with D* and now I regret the decision. One of the obsticles preventing me from switiching is that i've already purchased Center Ice with Dish.

With D* can I "move" to New York City allowing me to get the locals and MSG HD? Are the satellites spotbeam or ConUS?

Its a big decision for me as I am in contract and will have to pay 120ish to cancel. But quite frankly i've been incredibly disapointed with Dish and would love to have MSG and SciFI in HD.
I read your January question and maybe you can help me. I live in Detroit and want to pick up Buffalo locals (as I plan to "move" to Buffalo). Can I do it? I used to get Buffalo locals on Dish but the Spot Beam signal is not very good.

Thanks

Generally just call and convience a CSR to move your service address.

i.e., I already have a dish at the new address and everything is working.

You will have to handle any maintenance of the dish yourself after "moving'.

sure darren you can move, i moved years ago for dns and now hd dns
i moved from mn to mt now no sports blackouts
change service addy but leave billing addy as is
if i were you id move to ME but making sure your ny teams are in the clear looks like ME is boston territory

Generally just call and convience a CSR to move your service address.

i.e., I already have a dish at the new address and everything is working.

You will have to handle any maintenance of the dish yourself after "moving'.

slightly off-topic....................trying to tease us with your avatar or have you heard something?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts