Can I sell a "leased" receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

perUano

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Massachusetts
I have a 811 receiver which was leased. I upgraded to the 622 and was told that the installer would take back my 811. Install day came, everything went good and at the end of the day the installer did not take back the 811. I even asked him about it before he left and he said he didn't want it or needed it, it was mine to keep.
So now I have the 811 just sitting there and I'm wondering if I should sell it. Would I encounter any problems in doing that?
Thanks!

No. You're 811 is probably still active.

Call dish and find out. If it was deactivated Dish would be sending you an empty box.

I don't think installers are supossed to take back leased receivers, but if that is indeed the case that it was deactivated and to be returned to the installer, I dunno then...

Thanks guys, I didn't know DISH would send a box since they told me the installer would take the 811 back. Anyways, it has been 2 weeks since my install and nothing yet. I'll wait a couple more and then call DISH if nothings shows up.

I would be calling, you might end up being charged for an 811, Dish's accounting department is ran by pre schoolers.

I would call ASAP, the receiver belongs to Dish Network and they will charge you for it if it's not returned. Just tell them that you haven't received the box for it and to send you another one.

You'll know the box when it arrives at your door... It will be the one with the BIG BOLD WORDS SAYING DISH RECEIVER IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY. RETURN IT OR LOSE YOUR CHILDREN... Or something to the effect. I had to return 3 receivers, so I had three of these boxes at my door making me feeling like Dog the Bounty Hunter was personally coming to pick the boxes up.

I had no such words on the box they sent for me to return my owned 301 in. $25 is $25.

gdarwin said:
How long did it take to get your $25.00 credit on your account?
I got credit for my 311 within a couple of weeks. The upgrade charges for the 211 and the return credit showed up on the same statement.

I haven't sent mine back yet. Only had it since the 21st. Probably pack it up tomorrow. Still need to call to make sure it's deactivated.

My box may not have had a warning because it was an owned unit. A 301 at that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)