Can I sell Hopper 2000 (series one)?

gorgula

Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
United States
Had to move and no longer have Dish service. They didn't want the hopper back, but mentioned in the closing email that I can't sell it.

I can provide any serial numbers you need if someone is interested.

Non-sling version, 2TB, great condition. Thanks.

I did not pay for it directly, but finished my two year contract. They did not want it back, but warned against selling. The email stated: "If you do not have to return your equipment, please do not attempt to sell it. This equipment is obsolete and cannot be used by another DISH customer."

I think you may want to get in touch with someone. It sounds leased, and being a hopper, likely will need to be returned. The hopper 2000 is not technically obsolete.

I am in the clear on returning it. It has been 7 months and they specifically only requested the Joey back. The only question is whether someone else can activate it. Thanks for the responses.

I am in the clear on returning it. It has been 7 months and they specifically only requested the Joey back. The only question is whether someone else can activate it. Thanks for the responses.
If it is leased, they want it back. No doubt about it. You cannot sell leased receivers.

I'm gonna give you the best advice right here. PM a dirt member in the morning, and verify leased or not, and find out if you ultimately are supposed to return it, and just recieved bad info.

Reactions: 356B
Please PM me your account number or this receiver number so I can review your account. All leased receivers must be returned to us. Thanks.

Had to move and no longer have Dish service. They didn't want the hopper back, but mentioned in the closing email that I can't sell it.

I can provide any serial numbers you need if someone is interested.

Non-sling version, 2TB, great condition. Thanks.

Reactions: 356B
I did not pay for it directly, but finished my two year contract. They did not want it back, but warned against selling. The email stated: "If you do not have to return your equipment, please do not attempt to sell it. This equipment is obsolete and cannot be used by another DISH customer."

The big word here is "If". I do not see where they say, Do not return this receiver.

I have never seen a case like this where Dish says they do not want a current leased receiver back. The original Hopper is still a current model and is still used on installs. Dish still requires customers to returned leased 625 receivers and those have been in use for 10 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)