Can I subscribe to a distant network in HD?

visionman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Lowville, New York
I have my local networks in SD from Dish. I can also get all but one network via OTA. Unfortunately my favorite network is NBC and that is the one I can not get OTA. The SD signal for NBC is the worse picture of all. Is it posible to purchase a Distant channel for NBC?

Unfortunately, getting a distant network sub is not likely in your situation. Viewing the distant networks at home requires a waiver from your local affilliate(s). In this case, the NBC one. Those are hard to come by. If you have an RV or commercial vessel, you can subscribe to the DNS (distant networks) program. But this requires a seperate Dish account as the receivers from your primary account at home cannot exist on the "RV account" approved for subscribing to the Distant Networks via the program.

Thanks Byron. I used to have a waiver before the SD signals were available. Sometimes it seems the farther we advance in technology, the more we fall behind. I miss C-band!!

Yep, no waivers with Dish. They do not provide distants to residences with waivers. Either SD via AAD, or with a separate account for an RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts