Can I subscribe to locals only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
I currently have Dish AEP + VaVaVoom. The only reason I keep Dish is the PVR. I can't live without it, but I realized the majority of the programs I record are on local network stations. Is it possible to subscribe to only the local channels? I have a PVR508 with no fees, so locals only would be ideal.

If not, what's the cheapest alternative?

Thanks!

If you are not in the midst of a 12 month minimal programming agreement, you can get locals for $5.99 plus a $5 service fee per month. If you are still in a commitment, you can drop to AT60 w/locals for $30/month. That's a big diff from $83 for AEP w/locals.

Thanks for the info.

With 3 receivers and the HD pak its more like $105. I'm definately going to drop to the $5.99+$5 package.

I forgot about that, I might have some club dish left for a few months. Hopefully it'll last until Voom releases their PVR.

You would get charged $5.99+$5.00 fee for the locals and then a $10 DVR fee since you do not have a basic package for a total of $21.00 compared to $35.00 if you had a basic package with locals and DVR.

Stargazer said:
You would get charged $5.99+$5.00 fee for the locals and then a $10 DVR fee since you do not have a basic package for a total of $21.00 compared to $35.00 if you had a basic package with locals and DVR.

The 508 has NO DVR fee (that's what I have), so it would just be the 10.99+tax (5.99+5 surcharge)

I overlooked that it was a 508, my bad. The 501, 508, and 721 are good for those that do not subscribe to the basic package but wants DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)