Can I upgrade 811 to new receiver?

josem3 said:
Yes, I don't see why not. IF you whan a 411, it will cost you $49.00 or DVR 622 $99.00 after rebate.

Please stop posting incorrect information like that. The $200 rebate only applies to customers that are trading in 921 and 942 receivers NOT to any other HD receiver.

I have an 811 and called over the weekend and will be getting a new dish plus a 211 for the $49 fee

The 622 upgrade fee for $99, from what I understand is only for people who own their own 921 and 942 receivers.

Paul

I am considering an upgrade as well. I think that beside $49 fee a subscription to any HD metal package and 18 months commitment are required, is that correct?

Petrovich said:
I am considering an upgrade as well. I think that beside $49 fee a subscription to any HD metal package and 18 months commitment are required, is that correct?
Yes and probably an upgrade to a Dish 1000 to receive the HD channels.:)

I'm wanting the 811 -> 622 upgrade for several reasons, most notably the reportedly better OTA tuner in the 622. I'm "on the verge" of getting at least 3 of the 4 networks OTA and I need that capability since my HD LiLs are at least 2 years out. The 811 is leased and I currently have two other SD receivers (1 leased), DPP44, D500 on 110, 119 and D300 on 61.5. I have AT60, HD pak, voom, locals, 2 NY supers, DHPP. I'd probably go with the silver plus locals, not sure if I'll keep the supers or DHPP. There shouldn't be any equipment changes required other than the receiver swap. And I might be talked into keeping the 811 and return the leased 311 instead.

My problem is that I did the latest upgrade in Dec. with a 12 mo. commitment. The last CSR (actually a tech) said I really can't do anything until next Dec., implying that I would have cancellation charges on top of any other upgrade costs. Does anyone know how I can do this second upgrade sooner without paying any penalties? Any similar experiences?

TIA and BRgds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts