Can i use an HDMI splitter to run mini-genie client to 2 tvs??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
I recently signed up with Directv after a 7 year hiatus. They will be installing the Genie with 3 mini genies. I am renovating a house and am looking at rewiring the house before Directv installs my new system. The question I have is that I want to run an HDMI out of one of the mini-genies to and HDMI splitter. Then run the splitter to 2 seperate TV's (one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom). I know that I would have to watch the same show on both tv's at the same time, but I wanted to make sure that it was doable before I ran all of the necessary wiring/cables before the install. Has anyone tried this with success?

i have the genie with one client and another receiver. i would recommend that you get at least one receiver and two mini's you don't pay any more. both $6.00
just a thought.//:D

I will have the H34 Genie in the theatre room, I will have one mini in the family room, one mini in the kitchen, and one mini in the bedroom. That left one TV unaccounted for. I considered getting a 4th mini, but thought that i could get away with 3 and spit the hdmi off the bedroom into the master bath and cover the extra tv without needing the extra genie. It seems like it should work without a problem, but i was needing confirmation from someone who has tried it before I went through the trouble of running hdmi cables through the walls. Thanks. I will take your advice and consider an H25 reciever in place of one of the genies.

I will have the H34 Genie in the theatre room, I will have one mini in the family room, one mini in the kitchen, and one mini in the bedroom. That left one TV unaccounted for. I considered getting a 4th mini, but thought that i could get away with 3 and spit the hdmi off the bedroom into the master bath and cover the extra tv without needing the extra genie. It seems like it should work without a problem, but i was needing confirmation from someone who has tried it before I went through the trouble of running hdmi cables through the walls. Thanks. I will take your advice and consider an H25 reciever in place of one of the genies.

Will work no problem.

Will work with one potential problem, if one TV is 3D and the other isn't you will lose DirecTV 3D. There may be a work-around, using a switch. If that's a concern, PM me and I'll let you know if the device I ordered restores 3D capability.

I have done something similar with my cable box and HDMI Splitter works fine.The part # I am using for HDMI Splitter is HDMI-2P-3D.

1 suggestion is that if you can run 2 hdmi to the 2 closes rooms of the other tv's then you can hook the two that you are piggie baacking off of with what we call Hidef ten pin cables which are on the back of each client 51pY9JIyTwL._SL500_SS500_.jpg so hook this to the tv tv in the room with the client and run the hdmi to the other closes room

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)