Can I use dish 300 or Dish 500 satellite dist to get signal from 118.7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

topapa

Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
montreal
I am in northern new york and am setting up eastern arc 1000.4 dish for 61.5, 72 and 77 satelite positions. I also need 118.7 for greek international channels. I would like to avoid using large oval dish to get signal only from 118.7. If possible I would like to use smaller dish like dish 300 or dish 500.

I have the lnb that dish uses on 500+ dish (DBS/FSS 118.7/119) and would use this on 300 or 500 dish.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible or is 500+ oval dish is my only option.

Also, would I be able to connect 118.7 lnb connection to LNB in of 1000.4 lnb and run only one wire to my receiver from 1000.4 dish.

it might work but I find this really funny

"I am in northern new york" yet Location: montreal

Its ok to say you're in Canada. ;) There will be some folks who will show up, think they are better than you and say "you cant have that in Canada" but for folks like me I dont mind (Heck I use to say I was from Southern NW Ontario when I had my Shaw account...and I live in Minnesota)

anywho I dont know how you'd get the 500+ LNB setup on a 500 dish much less make it work. I think the arm length is different on the 500 versus the 500+. If you do get it working yes plug the 118.7 connection into the input on the 1000.4 LNB

You have to have the 500+ to get 118.7, as Ice stated the arm length is too short for the focus beam.

the 300 and 500 are also too small to pick up decent signal on 118

If you don't want to use the larger 118 dish, I have used a 1K.4 dish with a 118 arm and it worked pretty well. Signal was a little lower than normal, but it works.

the 300 and 500 are also too small to pick up decent signal on 118

If you don't want to use the larger 118 dish, I have used a 1K.4 dish with a 118 arm and it worked pretty well. Signal was a little lower than normal, but it works.

I have seen that done, and although I think it is the laziest and dumbest way to get internationals, it does work. Laziest because when I've seen it done the tech is too lazy to remove the existing .4 and put up the 500+ yet he got paid double for putting up the + even though he didn't, which is not only stealing money but falsification of documents, but that's another story for another day, lol.

On topic, if you're going to do the .4 with the + arm and lnb, you might as well just put up the 500+, it's really not that much bigger and it'll give you better signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)