Need a little fine tuning advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Just had my 2-722 Dish receivers installed Saturday and am tuned into 110, 119, and 129 in the zip 24151. If I want to make sure I am getting the best signal what is the proper procedure for "tweaking"? Everything is working except I am oftehn getting a "partial signal" error a on one of my 722's. The signal strength is lower on that receiver as well.

Do I go to "pointer" in the system set up and try and get the highest signal I can on 119 and be done? Am I about to try and do something impossible?

Is the signal lower on all transponders or just the one you looked at ?
If it is only affecting one rec, it may be the cable or a bad connection.

Did they use new cable when it installed or reuse some existing stuff?
There may be old splitters, RG-59 cable or low-freq barrel splices in old cable.

If you want to try, you can swap the recs and see if the problem follows it.
If still having problems, you can easily get dish to come back out at no cost in the first 90 days.

Did the installer run the line from the Sat to the "weak" receiver? Is it a considerably longer distance than to the other one? You probably should PM one of our Dirt members to arrange for a tech visit, especially since it was just installed.

Did the installer run the line from the Sat to the "weak" receiver? Is it a considerably longer distance than to the other one? You probably should PM one of our Dirt members to arrange for a tech visit, especially since it was just installed.

No, he used an existing line. AND, he used that little hand held contraption and had a hard time determining which line went to that TV. He said the hand held thing was giving him a reading like there was a splitter in that line. By George, (KAB) I think you got it!!

No, he used an existing line. AND, he used that little hand held contraption and had a hard time determining which line went to that TV. He said the hand held thing was giving him a reading like there was a splitter in that line.

If he believed there was a splitter in the line, he should have replaced it with a new run. Again, contact a Dirt member. Go to the bottom of the Forum page and look for logged on members in RED.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts