Explanation for odd issues?

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
MA
I know we see a lot of "my 922 works great!" and the "I'm on my 3rd one now, they are all awful!" and I wonder how much is related to the TV or HDMI connection? My 922 other than an odd recording issue now and then was working very reliably (922 via an Onkyo receiver to a Samsung TV.)

Since we are looking to sell the place, we had to of course rearrange things, so took out the receiver, and ended up using an Asus HDMI wireless connection between the TV and 922 as across the room. Connection worked about 90% of the time, but would randomly cut out for a few seconds, etc. The wireless bridge often locked up and had to be unplugged every few days (it was obvious this was designed for temporary and non-permanent configurations.) I had this up for a few mos, and had no end of problems. The receiver would reboot randomly, and programming would not record due to "receiver reboot". However the *weird* issues were the ones that seemed unrelated, TV2 output would show static until a reboot, Sling and Dishonline stopped working most of the time, and receiver would freeze or show a black screen on TV1. Rebooting would fix the problem for a day or so, then repeat... (though Sling and Dishonline regardless rarely worked while wireless)

I finally spent the hour to run cable thru the wall via an HDMI adapter from Monoprice via CAT5... instantly remote viewing became reliable again and reboots seem to have stopped. It really does seem the receiver is pretty sensitive to TV connection/HDMI issues.

-Mike

Last edited:
Then again the wireless HDMI might have been the culprit too?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's sort of what I mean... :) Who would have thought TV1 issues would cause TV2 (and even the remote access features) to be flaky or not work. It really makes me wonder how many issues are caused by connection problems with the HDMI side of things.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts