Can I use My Direct Tv Dish with Dish network service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmata

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
I have a Direct Tv dish with 2 dual LNB's with sat 101 119 and 110 can I use that same dish with DIsh Network programming?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys... Your Phase III could probably get some programming but actually the switch and LNB technology is incompatable with the dish pro Technology that All recent Dish Receivers use... better off to save headaches and get a dish 1000 or a dish 500 and an extra dish depending on your location...

jmata said:
I have a Direct Tv dish with 2 dual LNB's with sat 101 119 and 110 can I use that same dish with DIsh Network programming?
If you have 2 dual LNBs as you describe you don't have a Phase 3 dish and aimed correctly will work as a DISH Legacy system. Put the 2 dual LNBs in the 119 & 110 positions leaving the 101 empty. You will need to use DISH SW-21 or DISH SW-64 switches to combine the outputs. You can probably go to Ebay and buy a Dish 1000 or a Dish 500 for what you will spend on the Directv oval dish.:)

Actually I have been using it to get the Dishnetwork 148 position using only the middle LNB and an SW21. I get a signal strength of 97.

Status
Please reply by conversation.