Can I use my dish receiver in two locations?

I know all this. My question was whether they are actively calling anymore. I haven't seen anyone report that they were called for a long time now (about since the Hopper was released.)

They are still calling but are not as active as they where in the past.

The point of the audit department is to split stacked accounts and gain subscribers.

The problem is that typically when they caught someone, the typical response from the customer was FU Dish, and either just had a friend setup a new account and went back to sharing, or they switched to Directv.

Then you got all the countless innocent customers, who didn't understand was going on, and all they knew Dish would only allow service in 1 room. They irritated those people enough they cancelled.

For a company that had been bleeding subscribers for several years, it makes no sense to have a department that costs them even more subscribers than they gain.

Dish will never admit it, but they would rather have a customer sharing an account then not having an account with them at all.

Back in the early days they turned a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of accounts being activated in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
I don't know if the auditors ever pester non-contract subscribers, but if they do, I have the numbers for all of our Dish equipment, both the receivers in our RV and Adirondack cottage, stored on my phone and laptop.

I don't know if the auditors ever pester non-contract subscribers, but if they do, I have the numbers for all of our Dish equipment, both the receivers in our RV and Adirondack cottage, stored on my phone and laptop.
So? The location ID changes every 15 minutes or so. Won't do you any good.

So? The location ID changes every 15 minutes or so. Won't do you any good.
Ok, good to know, although the primary reason I have all that info stored is it's part of my insurance identification records in case of loss. Where is this "location ID" displayed on an HWS?

Ok, good to know, although the primary reason I have all that info stored is it's part of my insurance identification records in case of loss. Where is this "location ID" displayed on an HWS?
System info screen... same as receiver CAID and software version.

many years ago i saw a post on the net where one home had multiple boxes. with a cable run between them. all the boxes were at the right address, 3 neighbors were sharing.

audit called the proper account owner who had all the boxes set up like a cable operation.... the poster went to his basement and called up the location id numbers.

audit never called them again....

many years ago i saw a post on the net where one home had multiple boxes. with a cable run between them. all the boxes were at the right address, 3 neighbors were sharing.

audit called the proper account owner who had all the boxes set up like a cable operation.... the poster went to his basement and called up the location id numbers.

audit never called them again....
Operative phrase there: many years ago, when all content and delivery was in SD and it was easy to modulate and distribute via coax. Nowadays, to share independent HDMI signals is much more difficult and expensive.

Haven't heard much lately on the activity of the Dish Audit team. That would be your only risk, having the Audit team call you while your receivers are active at both locations, but is the Audit team really active anymore?

Just curious, they call you, you are not home or in mood for checking ID's .... what will happen?

In the past, people have said they will disable all receivers except the primary one.
Yes, that is what they did to my account back when I had the 921 and a 510 dvr. They called when my wife & I were in the car and on the way to eat and go to the movies. They said call back when you get home to confirm your receivers and when I got home that night, all my receivers were off but one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts