Can I use round dish until new one comes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blcklab666

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Can I use round dish with HD until new one for HD comes?

I saw a similar thread somewhere but can't find it amongst the various DBS communities.

Please advise. Can I hook up my new HD DVR 250 in place of my SD unit even though I have the standard round dish.

Will it work at least for SD programming until the installer comes with the elliptical dish? Can I get ANY HAD channels with it?

Round Dish

yes
you can still use the round dish with the hd dvr by Directv, but you will not get any Hd channels from directv, just setup in the setup for a round dish with 1 lnb, you will also need a second coax run to the receiver from the dish and or multiswitch.

Will this work going through the multiswitch? I was told that when my elliptical HD dish comes the lines will have to run straight to my HD DVR and not through a multiswitch.

Currently my dual LNB goes through the multiswitch and then to my SD Tivo.

blcklab666 said:
Will this work going through the multiswitch? I was told that when my elliptical HD dish comes the lines will have to run straight to my HD DVR and not through a multiswitch.

Currently my dual LNB goes through the multiswitch and then to my SD Tivo.
The Phase III HD capable dish has a built in multiswitch with 4 outputs, two of which should be run directly to your HD DVR. If at some point you require more than 4 feeds you'd need to connect all 4 outputs from the built in multiswitch to the inputs of a cascading multiswitch - this will increase the number of lines that can access all 3 sats.

Do yourself a favor and make sure the installer runs all 4 lines from the new dish to a central location even if you don't need all 4 feeds right now - this will make life much easier if the need for more than 4 feeds arises.

Will I be able to receive SD though throughmy normal multiswitch and my HD Tivo until the installer comes out with the Phase III HD Capable dish? Or will I just get no signal? My wife would kill me if I put my HD tivo in before the installer comes and then we get no programming at all for the days or week it takes for them to come out to the house.

I also want to install the new receiver myself before they come because I have it integrated into my home theater and I want to be the one connecting up all the cables. Not them. My cable management has a lot to be desired. LOL.

blcklab666 said:
Will I be able to receive SD though throughmy normal multiswitch and my HD Tivo until the installer comes out with the Phase III HD Capable dish? Or will I just get no signal? My wife would kill me if I put my HD tivo in before the installer comes and then we get no programming at all for the days or week it takes for them to come out to the house.
Yes, set up your HD TiVo for a round dish and you'll receive programming from the 101 sat (Sat A) just as you were before. Then when the new dish is installed just rerun the set-up on the HR10-250.

And yes, wives are like that.....believe me, I know. ;)

single lnb=1 coax port; therefore running second line to dish impossible w/o multi switch. plus second line is for hd channels so it wouldnt matter anyways; know what you post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts