Can I use starchoice dish for fta

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wengrant

Original poster
May 18, 2005
This sight is great! and with readig so far I plan on getting coolsat 4000 pro with motor and invacom . The question I have is can I use a comercial size star choice dish for this, I own a condo and these are the dishes that starchoice installed in our complex and if I can use the same type of dish this will kept the condo cops happy :D

Latitude - 42.9864 - N Longitude - 81.2137 - W
Two hours west of detroit boader. I tried posting this once but it did not show up sorry if I have this twice :eek:

Hi wengrant, welcome to the forum :)

A Starchoice should work as long as you find a way to mount a standard LNB, I'm not familiar with the SC dishes but I'm sure someone with the same dish as you will post and be able to help more.

Welcome :wave

Yes you can use a StarChoice Dish. I have one for SC that would work for FTA. They both use linear

The question I have though is are you using your own dish or a community type one (a community would be one big dish on roof and everyone can tap in)

If you have your won dish, then it would work fine. Do you know what type of LNB’s are on there? One or two? The most common is the quad (square type LNB) or the two “beer can” type.

If it’s a common dish, then it is only at StarChoice and there isn’t anything DVB on there.

Yes it would be my own dish large one sorry I don't no size same as their's,
I hope I can attach a invacom to it. Thank's for your quick reply :)

Yes you can use a SC dish...If you use the quad LNB that comes with it, make sure to use the left LNB and turn the 22k on.

You should be able to fit a bracket on the arm to add the inacaom...may take a little cutting of the bracket, but it will work :)

Iceberg: you might know this... what about the old beer-can LNB.. was that stacked in the LNB, or in the multiswitch? I have the opportunity to get one of these, and just want to see if I should even bother.

The Beer can LNB's were stacked frequencies with an external 2x2 multiswitch

The quad is non-stacked

they will still work for FTA :)

Ok remember I am new at this,so if it comes with a quad and I add a motor can I receive g10r which is where I what to start,and then I can start to play :D

The SC dish works fine for a motorized unit or a fixed system.

The thing with the SC dish is the dish needs a larger shaft for the motor. The shaft on the motor will hold 1 5/8” dishes (like most 30 & 36 and 1m dishes)

SC uses a 2 3/8” mount….you can make one or order a shaft that will fit on the motor for that. I just got one and will be testing it out soon on my motorized (actually going to be using my SC dish)

my 60E uses a 1 5/8".. you have the 75E, right? perhaps only the 75E has the 2 3/8...

Actually, I think I answered my own question about the lnb.. it must do the stack in the LNB itself,and not in the switch..

Iceburg what size dish do you have? I'm sure I can deal with the post size issue
I'm just concerned that the shape of the dish would be a problem because most
fta dishes are oval and I don't wan't to start out wrong . I would like to thank you for your help not just this thread but all the others I have read with out you knowing and I'm sure I am not the only one that feels this way. :clap :clap :clap

plenty O dishes for FTA :)

2 30" dishes
2 36" dishes (upgrading the 30s :D
DirecPC (39x23 oblong)
DirecPC (35x20 oblong)

SC (actually used for SC but might be used for FTA) 37x27

The DirecPC dishes and the SC use a 2 3/8" mount, the others 1 5/8

Plenty of us use old Primestar dishes, which are oblong (oval)

Thanks for the comments I think I will try this dish maybe I can take some pics if I can get my daughter to help me :rolleyes: I'll be back :eek:

on the back of the dish, on the right hand side, it should say the type of dish.. either a 60E or 75E, unless its a circular dish (old school *C 30" Dish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)