can i use the center lnb for intel5 fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

s0z3

Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I have a Channel Master 36"X24" Superdish(?) w/ 3 LNBs. ALL 3 have TWO coax leads.
The two side-saddle Lnbs are LNBFs.
The main, focal point LNB on the support arm looks like a Primestar LNB.
The sidesaddle bracket(on the left side of the support arm, facing the dish) has markings:
"Outer LNBF" for the outer one, of course, and between the outer and inner LNBF, is the marking on the bracket:
"SAT 129"
Theres a switch model sw64 for dishnetwork.
The markings on the main, center LNB are:
Dish Digital LNB P270 (is this a linear lnb???)

can i use the Dish Digital LNB P270s to pick up intel 5 fta?
if i do pick up intel 5, can i also pick up nimiq 1 and 2 withe the 2 other circular lnb?

According to what you said, the center LNB was designed to pickup 129 Degrees West, which would mean that it is a circular polarized LNB.

97 Degrees West is a linear polarized satellite and can not be picked up with a circular LNB.

Also why would you want to pick up the Nimiq satellites, there are almost no free to air channels on them, other than a few barker channels.

i think the center is a linear lnb but i not sure. can anyone verified?

it sounds like they are all circular. Is it a channegain antenna? I know those have 3 slots for diggerent LNB's and you could always swap them out.

Otherwise if there is any writing on the LNB that shows some specs that would help too :)

you have a what ??

I'm having a hard time understanding what you've got, there.
If you have some pictures, more details, or a web link to where this unit is sold, that would certainly help.

The Dish Network Superdishes were all DishPro, and would not have an SW64.
I've seen three kinds of LNBs used on Primestar dishes, and the Dish Network superdish didn't have anything resembling the Primestar LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts