Can I use VOOM's satellite to add more DishNet prgmmng?

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I have 1 simple line from the Voom 61.5 satellite going into the back of my Voom stb. If I split that line and had a free 61.5 feed available for my 811, how would I combine it with my Dish500 line going into the 811. I qualify for distant nets so I should qualify for CBSHD out of new york and whatever else is available from that 61.5 satellite. I would need specifics seeing that I am not too swift with splitters and switches . thanks!!

how many receivers do you have?

Lets just say you have 1 or 2. As long as your LNB is Legacy (no DP logo on the front of it), all you would need is a SW21.

If you dont know what you have go into the install meny (6-1-1) and hit check switch. At the top of the screen it says either Dish500 Twin or DP Twin. If it says "Dish500 Twin" then its Legacy

-run a line from the 61.5 to "2" of the SW21 switch
-run a line from the Dish500 to "1" of the SW21
-run the line from the switch to 811

Iceberg's solution assumes a few things (like the V* LNBF has dual outputs), but if his assumptions are right, it could work.

Assuming Voom's LNBFs are conventional (Legacy in E* terms), it can be pretty complicated. If they are and your E* equipment is DishPro, it won't work. We need to know EVERYTHING about your E* gear before we can continue building a configuration, but it's definitely gonna need an external switch, not just splitters (although special satellite splitters might also have to be in the mix).

Any help out there on what type of LNBFs V* uses?

my Dish 500 is not DIshpro-- it is legacy. i remember when HD first was around I was worried I would need DP to get hd. I've had the same setup for at least 4 years-- I guess I should be happy I havent upgraded lately. I will go with the SW21 instructions--if they dont work, c'est la vie!!! Thanks a bunch my technical friends!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)