Can I use Zinwell SAM-4402 switch with Phase III & 95° LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

f13dfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I just purchased a used HR10-250 HD TiVo. Initially I had an 18" pointed at 101° and a 30" pointed at 95° to get international channels.

I'm planning to get a Phase III so I can get 101°, 110° (HD) and 119° (HD) all on 1 dish. I'm just wondering if I can still use the Zinwell SAM-4402 or if I have to go with the Zinwell SAM-6802 to combine the Phase III dish with my 30" aimed at 95°.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :up

Sorry, the SAM-6802 is the ONLY switch that will work with an oval dish AND a 95 &/or 72.5 dish. (this is assuming you want stuff from 110 &/or 119, which obviously you do)

dishrich said:
Sorry, the SAM-6802 is the ONLY switch that will work with an oval dish AND a 95 &/or 72.5 dish. (this is assuming you want stuff from 110 &/or 119, which obviously you do)
A Zinwell WB68 should work also and have you ready for the AT9 dish.:)

I currently have an 18" aimed at 101° and my Winegard 30" on an SG2100 motor which I can maneuver to any satellite, but is normally parked at 95° for the international service I subscribe to. I also use an Invacom Quad LNB that has 2 outputs each for Linear and Circular.

I was wondering if for the mean time if I can run in this configuration:
1. Still have the 18" aimed at 101° to get the EPG.
2. Maneuver my 30" and aim it at 109.8° to get the HD channels on that sat. I don't really care much for the HD channels on 119°.
3. Use my Zinwell SAM-4402 for this config.
Would this work? How would the HR10-250 see this config in the AUTO-DETECT setup?

Thanks again :)

f13dfx said:
2. Maneuver my 30" and aim it at 109.8° to get the HD channels on that sat. I don't really care much for the HD channels on 119°.
3. Use my Zinwell SAM-4402 for this config.
Would this work? How would the HR10-250 see this config in the AUTO-DETECT setup?

First of all, I do not believe the receivers will even see 110, since you are aware the 110 LNB in D* oval dishes is a special one that moves those 3 x-ponders to different frequencies, to be internally combined w/the 119 LNB as one output. Since those x-ponders will be coming in on different frequencies, the receivers will most likely not be able to process those signals properly.

The receivers will NOT be able to auto-detect this setup, either, since auto-detect requires ALL slots that you plan on using being simultaneously available during testing, to then configure the receivers appropriately.

Right, I did some more research and found out that the Zinwell 4402 will work for 101° and 119°. Maybe I'll just try that first before I dive in and buy a Phase III dish.

http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=5958

dishrich said:
First of all, I do not believe the receivers will even see 110, since you are aware the 110 LNB in D* oval dishes is a special one that moves those 3 x-ponders to different frequencies, to be internally combined w/the 119 LNB as one output. Since those x-ponders will be coming in on different frequencies, the receivers will most likely not be able to process those signals properly.

The receivers will NOT be able to auto-detect this setup, either, since auto-detect requires ALL slots that you plan on using being simultaneously available during testing, to then configure the receivers appropriately.

f13dfx said:
Right, I did some more research and found out that the Zinwell 4402 will work for 101° and 119°. Maybe I'll just try that first before I dive in and buy a Phase III dish.

You just got through saying you really wanted the prog from 110... :confused: :confused:
And, you still won't be able to connect the 95 dish at the same time.

You should just break down & go for the oval dish & proper switch - check out e-bay & you'll probably find some bargins on both, for less than you think. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)