Can I watch my external Hard Drive recordings from my 722 on the Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

frankdank

Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Georgia
I currently have a couple of 722's and would like to upgrade to a Hopper. I want to save all my movies to an External HD, will I be able to watch them all on the hopper?

Personal suggestion, I would watch the DVR events from the EHD and not transfer them to the Hopper. 1. because there is no need to, 2 because some people have reported problems when doing so.

I would only watch them from the External. No reason to transfer them to the Hopper.

I just transferred a bunch of recordings from my 922's EHD onto one of my Hoppers and haven't noticed any issues so far.

I currently have a couple of 722's and would like to upgrade to a Hopper. I want to save all my movies to an External HD, will I be able to watch them all on the hopper?

I have a Western Digital My Book 500GB WD USB 2.0 External Hard Drive HDD (WD5000H1U-00) that I had copied info from a 722k. When I upgraded to Hopper today and plugged in the EHD, the Hopper does not see it. It recognizes that I disconnected a USB drive when I remove it, but nothing else. Dish said it would work, but the installer said it wouldn't.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

And there is a current software bug regarding EHDs. Sked fix for 1/10/14 or so.

It's going to work, tomorrow! Trust me on this, it take a day or two for the Hopper to settle in.....

Bobby was dead on. I left it plugged in last night and all the drive is accessible this morning. Thanks Bobby!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts