Can I watch my external Hard Drive recordings from my 722 on the Hopper?

frankdank

Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Georgia
I currently have a couple of 722's and would like to upgrade to a Hopper. I want to save all my movies to an External HD, will I be able to watch them all on the hopper?

Personal suggestion, I would watch the DVR events from the EHD and not transfer them to the Hopper. 1. because there is no need to, 2 because some people have reported problems when doing so.

I would only watch them from the External. No reason to transfer them to the Hopper.

I just transferred a bunch of recordings from my 922's EHD onto one of my Hoppers and haven't noticed any issues so far.

I currently have a couple of 722's and would like to upgrade to a Hopper. I want to save all my movies to an External HD, will I be able to watch them all on the hopper?

I have a Western Digital My Book 500GB WD USB 2.0 External Hard Drive HDD (WD5000H1U-00) that I had copied info from a 722k. When I upgraded to Hopper today and plugged in the EHD, the Hopper does not see it. It recognizes that I disconnected a USB drive when I remove it, but nothing else. Dish said it would work, but the installer said it wouldn't.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

And there is a current software bug regarding EHDs. Sked fix for 1/10/14 or so.

It's going to work, tomorrow! Trust me on this, it take a day or two for the Hopper to settle in.....

Bobby was dead on. I left it plugged in last night and all the drive is accessible this morning. Thanks Bobby!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts