Can I watch two things on TV w/ the Dish 922 Receiver? ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
We just ordered the 922. Currently we have the SD 625 receiver and can watch TV on TV1 in the living room and something else on TV2 in our bedroom.

My wife is convinced that the specs say that you can watch something on TV1 in HD and on a Sling enabled device, and that's it. She is worried that we won't be able to watch two things at once on two TVs.

Can you confirm? ;-)

Thanks

It will work just like you 625 except it's HD on tv1 only. Hopefully thr tech who installs it knows that it can also do two tvs now also. Hehe

What hawker says is just in theory. I was told once by somebody that tv2 output was eventually enabled, but you'll have to order another remote since it only comes with one. I also heard that if you do enable tv2 it creates a lot of problems for the sling system. Think it over before you get the 922

It works...we have one set up at our shop running two tv's...haven't seen though what happens to tv2 when the sling viewing takes place. Is tv2 gonna change to whatever the sling viewer is watching, or is everything gonna take a crap? Don't know yet.

haven't seen though what happens to tv2 when the sling viewing takes place. Is tv2 gonna change to whatever the sling viewer is watching, or is everything gonna take a crap? Don't know yet.

When you use sling with the TV2 it will show a message letting you know that it's currently being used, but the person at the TV can override that and watch TV like normal.

What hawker says is just in theory. I was told once by somebody that tv2 output was eventually enabled, but you'll have to order another remote since it only comes with one. I also heard that if you do enable tv2 it creates a lot of problems for the sling system. Think it over before you get the 922
Ummmmm. Its not a theory. It works. I have one. You don't need to order a new remote. Use the one that comes with it as tv2 and have the tech give you a 21.0 remote for tv1. You just have to enable IR in the remote settings. This is also not a theory. Next month the 922s are supposed to be shipped with two remotes. Also sling works fine if tv2 is on. Have had ZERO problems since the S111 update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)