Can lock Echostar 7 only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Oops! Didn't know that... Is Echo 7 to be replaced permanently, or moved? Trying to keep up with name changes and replacements seems to be getting harder and harder these days.

Echo7 was replaced by Echo14 permanently. Echo14 has a higher reuse on the uplink frequencies for more spotbeams. It brought quite a few new SD and HD markets.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 12, 2008
I guess I was misunderstood when referring to “AM5” and I should have said “Intelsat AM5 97W”, that’s the identification I receive. I still believe my dish is reasonable well aligned (may be not perfect). I noticed some sats do not show an identification on my receiver? Granted, you guys know a lot more than me and I appreciate that. My experience is only a few weeks but I am learning. I know there are a few English speaking channels on AM5 97W but they aren’t European stations. Are there sats that carry European stations?

Hi, regarding your question on European stations, Hispasat at 30 west has some nice Spanish stations. At least one (CAT3) even has commercials for the local people - can be fun to watch.

Telstar 12 at 15 west has SIC (news from Portugal) but you will need very clear LOS to the east as that satellite is very low and only available from the east USA. It's also somewhat week and the dish will have to be spot on. I have a 80 CM dish on that satellite that was peaked to perfection and I still get picture break-ups. Really need a bigger dish for T-12.

Hope this helps, DC

tregletasu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 3, 2010
Georgia
Hi, regarding your question on European stations, Hispasat at 30 west has some nice Spanish stations. At least one (CAT3) even has commercials for the local people - can be fun to watch.

Telstar 12 at 15 west has SIC (news from Portugal) but you will need very clear LOS to the east as that satellite is very low and only available from the east USA. It's also somewhat week and the dish will have to be spot on. I have a 80 CM dish on that satellite that was peaked to perfection and I still get picture break-ups. Really need a bigger dish for T-12.

Hope this helps, DC

Thanks for info but as I said earlier I can't go that far east without cutting a forest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)