Can Magnetizing Of A Steel Dish Be A Criminal Behavior?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So is the plan to go magnetize someone's dish in hopes of degrading their signal, and slip away with no obvious cause for the lost reception?

Yep, if that worked I'd call it a criminal act. Maybe even if it didn't work, which it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of what I was thinking.

It might be best to wait until July 4th to avoid arousing suspicion, but if you could detonate a nuclear device, the resulting EMP, or electromagnetic pulse might have an effect on someone's dish, as well as any other electronic devices a person has, within a three continent radius of your location.

Reactions: richyrich
Magnetizing the dish will do nothing at all. Magnetism plays no role in the reflectivity of metal.

UDL
That is the right answer, and normally, it should end this thread.
True, Maxwell theory says something about electromagnetic waves having components of electric and magnetic vectors.
In microwave ovens, magnetrons, generating microwaves, contain strong neodymium magnets.
But, it is a fact that magnetization does not influence propagation of waves and reflectivity of metals.
Visible light is the same electromagnetic wave as radio waves, the only difference is the frequency and wavelength.
If the magnets could affect frequencies used by TV and/or satellite signals, therefore, they would have been used long time ago in microscopes, telescopes, and other optical devices.
The original post is somewhat confusing, because, instead of one, "clean" question, it sneaks in two different problems :
1. Magnetization as a criminal act
2. Does magnetization of a dish affect its performance

Well then; what is interference of a magneticly propagated wave?
You don't get "waves" when your power source is DC (or you're using something that has been magnetized).

To interfere, you would need to create some sort of a competing microwave signal and you're not going to accomplish that with a DC powered electromagnet unless you're spinning it really fast inside an armature of some sort. ;)

admin's can we get this thread closed?

clearly richyrich is a troll. Either that or he just is unwilling to listen to science and needs todo some more reading on the subject, but he wont listen to us anyhow so this thread serves no purpose.

richyrich: I hope Im wrong that your just trolling, I really dont see the point in it after all. We're all here to learn through educated scientific discussion. As mentioned before if you want to learn more on the subject of radio waves then contact your local ham radio club. They run classes all the time.

UDL

Think i need you to interfere? It may be your forum; but then it is also your lies when spent! What I need is you and yours to make sure your forum can be removed from my name; and all those I associate myself with. If you want to lie to them then; take no risk you will be found applying your lies. But, if you don't have to; or need to be absolutely true; you can say anything you want to, about anything you really do not know everything about! Remove my name and info from your forum; because I cannot find anyplace I can do it myself!

Electromagnetic (RF) radio waves do not interact and remain constant when other electromagnetic fields are present. QED is a quantum electrodynamics theory and undetectable in RF.

Electromagnetic wave transmission of may soon be passe.... Time to read up on spin torque nano oscillators! :D

Think i need you to interfere? It may be your forum; but then it is also your lies when spent! What I need is you and yours to make sure your forum can be removed from my name; and all those I associate myself with. If you want to lie to them then; take no risk you will be found applying your lies. But, if you don't have to; or need to be absolutely true; you can say anything you want to, about anything you really do not know everything about! Remove my name and info from your forum; because I cannot find anyplace I can do it myself!

This forum sure does bring out the crazies from time to time... never seen anything quite like it.

tumblr_magx3des9d1qcqckvo1_500.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)