Can not connect to 110 odd transponders

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have a dish 500 with a 2 dishpvr's.

On a few channels, such as the military channel (282), I get the error that I have a problem with my multi-dish switch.

When I run check switch everything comes up clean except 110 odd.

So I get 119(even) check 119(odd) check 110(even) x 110(odd) check

When I use the signal meter I either get nothing on 110 odd transponders or I get the message that I am connecting to the wrong sat eg 119 echostar. Diagnostics tell me to check my connections.

I have taken apart the lnb to check for water damage etc and double checked the connections to my two receivers all the way from the lnb.

Dish Nework told me it a failure in the lnb and will replace it for my first born.

Any ideas that would help me to avoid forsaking my child? ;)

Thanks!

Signal

I am not very skilled at making an assesment here so I will just tell you what it says on the screen :)
The signal strength is as follows:

Even sat 110 Spotbeam 20 Locked - EchoStar 110 West signal strength 71
(all even non spotbeam transponders have a signal strength between 50-60)

Odd sat 110 Transponder 19 Wrong Sat - EchoStar 119 West signal strength 71
(all other odd transponders have either 0 signal strength or Wrong Sat message)

Even sat 119 Transponder 20 Locked - EchoStar 119 West signal strength 70

Odd sat 119 Transponder 19 Locked - EchoStar 119 West signal strength 71

I have these results on two recievers on different home runs from the dish 500 twin. Thanks!

Last edited:
Lnb

The people at Dish told me that if I get 110 even at 70 + then I should get 110 odd at the same strength because they are in the same place and thus I need a new LNB. Does that make sense? I never trust the first tech 1 assesment over the phone that I get, but if that is the case I'll have to get a new LNB.

I guess I'll start by trying to tweak the dish a few degrees to see if that changes anything. Does the fact that I live in Northern Maine have bearing on the low signal numbers I am getting?

Azimuth 255
Elevation 20
Skew 124

Thanks!

what is the signal strenght on the 119 sat , if the 119 sat is high around 100 maybe you have some new growth blocking the 110, also check your mount if the mount is loose your gonna have to repoint it alot. if your gonna get there and mess with the dish your gonna need two 7/16 wrenches and make sure the mast is level from front to back and left to right

Thanks for the help!

I changed the azmiuth by a few degrees and now I pick up both odd and even 119 and 110. My next question would be: Should I continue to adjust the dish until I am near 100 signal on all transponders? I am at around 80 on some and over 110 on a few (spotbeam)

I figure while I am adjusting I might as well get it right for winter. I assume that the better the signal the better off I will be during snow storms?

Thanks again for the help. Saved me a service call and a new LNB!

I just got done replacing a 110 lnbf on a SuperDish today. One receiver got the signal in on transponder 11, the other didn't. Replacing the lnbf brought the signal back to both receivers. The signal was 70+% on the odd transponder 11 and in the 80's on another one.

If you are on the fringe of getting the signal in then some transponders will come in while others will not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)