1 - 300 dish pulling 62.5
1 - dp44
110 is satellite #1 input
119 is satellite #2 input
62.5 is satellite #3 input

301 receiver is on output #1 and has the power booster inline at the receiver

411 receiver is on output #2

Problem:
About 3 months ago, my 301 receiver lost the ability to pick up the even transponders numbers 12 and below from the 119 satellite. Check switch showed "odd" for 119. After much troubleshooting the tech support, they concluded that I needed a new receiver. This did fix the problem.

Now, 3 months later, my 301 receiver is doing the exact same thing. This time tech support wants to send out a technician. Probably a good Idea.

My 411 receiver works perfect and check switch shows all transponders ok.

My question.......Do you guys think this is just a coincedence or do you have any idea's as to what the root cause might be? I have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to getting technical help from the so called "pro's" in many fields (auto repair, boat repair, etc). Hoping with your help, I can pin point the problem before the tech guy comes and just lead him to the problem and let him swap parts as needed.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Hello John,

Just a question, do you have DishPro or Legacy LNBs? If you still have Legacy units, age and the increased voltage(12 to 18) may be getting to them. The six volt increase is not much but I have seen some LNBs fail with no other explanation. If you do have DishPro then I do not have an answer.

All Dish Pro.

As I said before.....my 411 checks out perfect.

I personally think the problem is isolated to the 301 receiver or possibly the #1 output of the dp44. But if it is the dp44, why did a new 301 fix the problem for a while?

Even the DishPro lnbf's are being affected by heat (particularly those on the SuperDish during the daytime).

Seeing that you have a SuperDish then I would say that this is the trouble that you are having. I am seeing a lot of failures this summer and a lot of Dish1000's being put up in place of the SuperDish. I am thinking they are getting it swapped out free otherwise I would see Directv dishes in their place.

Do the even transponders come back at night?

Musky boy said:
Now, 3 months later, my 301 receiver is doing the exact same thing. This time tech support wants to send out a technician. Probably a good Idea.

My question.......Do you guys think this is just a coincedence or do you have any idea's as to what the root cause might be? swap parts as needed.

Thanks
John
I had a 510 receiver that was doing the same thing on transponders 2,4,6, etc. Sometimes it would be all the even, sometimes it would be ok. The other receiver on the system (622) was ok. Turned out to be the LNB. lt has been fine since they replaced it 6 weeks ago.

That is weird that if it is the lnb that it only does it on one receiver and not the other. How can this be? If it happens this way then it sure can make it hard to diagnose a problem.

Stargazer said:
That is weird that if it is the lnb that it only does it on one receiver and not the other. How can this be? If it happens this way then it sure can make it hard to diagnose a problem.

Mine was only doing it on one receiver also (508) and then a few weeks later it started doing it on my 921. They replaced the LNB and I have had no problems since.

when they replaced the LNB, did they also replace cabling, or left cabling intact? I've called on the phone, and they basically said they'll charge me $ to send a guy out, unless it's their equipment. When asked for details, "their equipment" only includes receivers and LNBs, not cabling or the dish itself. Forgot where the 'switch' fit into things.
just wondering if they're feeding me a line of BS to avoid having to pay for teh whole service call.

Musky boy said:
System: 1 - 411 receiver
1 - 301 receiver
1 - Super Dish pulling 119 and 110
1 - 300 dish pulling 62.5
1 - dp44
110 is satellite #1 input
119 is satellite #2 input
62.5 is satellite #3 input

301 receiver is on output #1 and has the power booster inline at the receiver

411 receiver is on output #2

Problem:
About 3 months ago, my 301 receiver lost the ability to pick up the even transponders numbers 12 and below from the 119 satellite. Check switch showed "odd" for 119. After much troubleshooting the tech support, they concluded that I needed a new receiver. This did fix the problem.

My question.......Do you guys think this is just a coincedence or do you have any idea's as to what the root cause might be? I have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to getting technical help from the so called "pro's" in many fields (auto repair, boat repair, etc). Hoping with your help, I can pin point the problem before the tech guy comes and just lead him to the problem and let him swap parts as needed.

Thanks
John

Had the same problem a while ago. Finally got it to work with a DishPro twin. That made me very curious and the bottom line was I cut off the ends of the RG6 and replaced them...then it worked on any LNB combo.

Must have been some water in the connector and just enough drop to kill the evne transponders. I have now run into this three times at different sites. All the RG6 connectors originally installed outside did not have silicone and therefore were susceptable to infiltration.

I just replaced a 110 lnbf on a plastic/fiberglass SuperDish today. One receiver got transponder 11 the other got nothing. Replacing the lnbf fixed the problem. Note: LOTS of black ants in there. What a MESS of ants there were. They made a nest out of something that looked like sawdust. I guess insects and ants are attracted to the voltage of these things particuarly the SuperDishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)