Can not exit group text

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Ok, one of my good friends has an Iphone, and I have the galaxy s3. Anyway, he will occasionally send out a group text regarding college footbal to to me, and some other friends of his that I do not know.

My problem is, once he includes me in the group text, I see no way to exit the conversation. I have deleted the threads, ect, but it does not kick me out. I end up getting bombarded with texts from people I do not know every time they reply to his original message.

Any ideas? I am using gosms at the moment, but Ive tried to swap back to the stock sms app and it is the same.

I don't think there is a way except to tell your friend to stop sending those texts. The problem is that the other peoples phone have the reply addresses and you will always receive the text if they do a reply. Only potential way around is if you can set your phone only to allow certain numbers to text you. Only problem is that you would always have to add new people or you would never receive their text messages.

I have even tried to blacklist/block those numbers in go sms and it till comes through.

I did tell him to not include me in them again, but it does little to keep me from getting them as long as this one is open. lol

Aggravating as hell.

lol, my brother sends texts of his 9 month old to my mother, his wife's mother, father, sister and myself and I usually get all of my mothers texts to him for a week until she starts a new message just to him. Gets old quick, but can be amusing too. :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)