Can not get any channels from PAS-1 with 75% quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimatham

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I got 75% quality off PAS-1, but I can't get any channels when I scan the satellite. Can anyone help? I am using Pansat 2500.
Thanks

If you check the BEAM on lyngsat its mainly used for Europe, South America and Africa, but there is a US beam for KU

http://www.panamsat.com/global_network/pas1r_ku.asp

.Also did a SLOW Blind Scan and no channels popped up.

Used to have a few channels on this satellite before I changed to a Standard LNBF (QPH-031) so any channels that are/were there may need a Universal?

PAS1R at 45W

If you're referring to PAS1R at 45 w, I am receiving TPS
2, 4, 8, 18, 19 on my BUD. I live in Phoenix, AZ.

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum! eastof111

I think jimatham uses a Pansat 2500 with a Fortec 31" on a Satcontrol
(SM3D12) motor

(Recently upgraded from an 18")

Yes, I am refferring to PAS1R at 45W. I live in Columbus, OH. I got TP signals from the satellite with 75% quality, but when I scan for channels I got no return. I am using a universal LNB (SNH-031). Any ideas?

I was scanning this sat a couple of days ago, as I saw spikes on the Spectrum Analyzer. Though my Fortec found a number of carriers, no actual channels were found.

Unfortunately I cannot see that far East, but you may be seeing open carriers with no video or audio. If you are on a TP with signal and quality then you are on a hot transponder. I saw one or two of those yesterday while scanning the skies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Protectant for dish exposed parts (not electronics)

Viewsat Extreme ***groan***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts