can not get white springs tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beagle

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
i can not seem to get white springs tv on galaxy 27 located at 129 degress west.i am using a pansat 2500a receiver.i do a blind scan on the satellite and all i come up with is "null packet 1,2,3,4.and thats it can any body tell me what might be wrong ?

i can not seem to get white springs tv on galaxy 27 located at 129 degress west.i am using a pansat 2500a receiver.i do a blind scan on the satellite and all i come up with is "null packet 1,2,3,4.and thats it can any body tell me what might be wrong ?

You need to add the transponder info manually and then scan that tp to get White Springs. In the menu for Galaxy 27, select add tp, and put in the following info:

Freq: 11964
Symbol: 2920
Pol: HOR
Fec: 1/2

Save and do a scan on the new tp. Viola! White Springs!

weird...must be the name the box uses for the infamous no name channels

Pansat labels them TV1, TV2 etc (the networks)...The Coolsat 8000 left the names blank

Tony,

Last night I killing time and was looking at some receivers on line and I came across one that said "null moduel cable included." What is that and would it have anything to do with what we were talking about?

Tony,

Last night I killing time and was looking at some receivers on line and I came across one that said "null moduel cable included." What is that and would it have anything to do with what we were talking about?

That is different, some FTA receivers use a straight through serial cables and others use a "null" serial or modem cable.

The receive and send lines are swapped. (Most often used to transmit data between two computers, before LANs were common)

Null modem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tony,

nah thats for downloading software to the box. As qwert noted, some boxes take a straight through cable and some are null modem to download software or upload channel list to ChannelMaster

on my vs ultra the channels say channel#1 #2 #3 #4 those are from the g13 sat at 127w they are very close together if you dont have a motor it can be hard to get,I never could get white springs until I got a motor,and then i had to edit the usals location to get it without e*129 giving me trouble.

On many receivers, including my Visionsat IV-200, you must manually add the White Springs transponder, then do a TP scan to pull it in. Blind scan, in these cases, won't find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)