can not reenter Lat & Long settings on Fortec Mercury 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmorgan642

Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Hello all,I have a 90cm dish with a geosat pro 120 motor and fortec mercury 2 box,when I first set up the lat & long positions for install I mistakenly put in the wrong numbers and I can't seem to get back into the same screen to enter the correct install position.every time I hit okay on usals the screen goes blank for about 10 secs then defaults to daystar ch 1. I have done factory reset ,No good still same thing. when I push diseq1.2 I get the goto screen but no Lat & Long input settings. Is there a master reset code or something else beside the switch on back,that I can do? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a merc II so I don't know the menus, but you only need the lat and long when in usals (diseq 1.3). Every receiver I've tried was in a different place but all were editable once it was set to usals. Hopefully someone with a merc II will chime in and give you the correct way to fix this issue.
You could try manually storing the sat locations in 1.2 for now.

Thanks Man,I'm not gonna let this whip me .there has got to be somone that has had that problem too.Even in diseq 1.2 there is no place to enter Lat & long for install position.

You shouldn't have to hit the OK button to change the settings. Simply change the number, and arrow down to the next. When done, "exit" . Then go back into USALS menu and check settings.
Make sure your WEST and NORTH are correct.
:)

There never is a place for lat and long in diseq 1.2 on any reciever because it isn't needed. With 1.2 you need to go east or west to max out signal and then store position, then repeat for every satellite.

1.3 requires the coordinates for you dish, then the reciever calculates how far the motor is to turn for each satellite. This is a more user friendly system because it is faster than manually storing every satellite.

Hello all,I have a 90cm dish with a geosat pro 120 motor and fortec mercury 2 box,when I first set up the lat & long positions for install I mistakenly put in the wrong numbers and I can't seem to get back into the same screen to enter the correct install position.every time I hit okay on usals the screen goes blank for about 10 secs then defaults to daystar ch 1. I have done factory reset ,No good still same thing. when I push diseq1.2 I get the goto screen but no Lat & Long input settings. Is there a master reset code or something else beside the switch on back,that I can do? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I do not know if you got it yet--- I do not have a motor setup yet, but I have paged through.

MENU >> Antenna Setup>> highlight a name of your True South Sat. >> then go down to POSITIONER >> OK > curser down to My long type in, my Lat type in > curser off that then exit (or if it asks to save - save, if it says wait to save then wait (the instruction say one but it has the the other option at the bottom of page!) that should get it in.... HOW WELL IT WORKS??? I have nothing to test it with.

POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)