Can not upgrade, purchase, or lease.

gwhitelover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Delaware, Diamond STATE
I just tried to upgrade, lease, and even purchase one from Dish with no success. I was informed by two representatives that a customer is only allowed to "upgrade" once a year. I upgraded two of my receivers last month, making me not eligible.

I learned my lesson with buying a receiver. Paid $550 for a 721 and look what happened to that one. They send you a replacement LEASED receiver and no matter how much you fight with them, they demand it to be a leased receiver. At least they still waived the DVR fee. No more paying that much for a receiver EVER again. Around $100 is my limit.

I am NOT paying $639 for a Dish Network receiver, as well as the same montly fee a leased customer pays. I’m already doing that with a 722 since Dish does not allow customers to lease anymore than 4 tuners per account and I only have 3 HD TVs! With that price, I would get a computer, use Windows Media Center with my Windows Mobile phone and Windows Mobile PDA. (which I am already doing for a few years now) Plus, I have an Apple iPod that I can use to watch TV/movies/clips. And the thing is, I do NOT like TV that much! My monthly rate is right around $300 and I think, Dish can do something about it.

I love how companies like Dish, Verizon FiosTV, Tivo, DirectTV charge customers about the same price for the same crap. I just have to shake my head and say, can anyone be creative? The more I look at the 922 on-screen guide, doesn’t it remind of you any other company’s? CLUE: DirectTV. Plus, funny how Tivo rolled out its new STB last week.

Last edited:
I learned my lesson with buying a receiver. Paid $550 for a 721 and look what happened to that one. They send you a replacement LEASED receiver and no matter how much you fight with them, they demand it to be a leased receiver. At least they still waived the DVR fee. No more paying that much for a receiver EVER again. Around $100 is my limit.

Yeah, I agree. Whatever happened to having a warranty on products that you buy. Its called, screw the customer. That's one of the reasons why I will not go with DirectTV. Same sh*t there. I picked the lesser or two evils.

I contacted Dish and was not I'm not eligible to upgrade til May, which makes sense as it'll be a year in May since I got my 722. I'm patient, plus it gives me time to find 200 extra bucks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)