Can not upgrade, purchase, or lease.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gwhitelover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Delaware, Diamond STATE
I just tried to upgrade, lease, and even purchase one from Dish with no success. I was informed by two representatives that a customer is only allowed to "upgrade" once a year. I upgraded two of my receivers last month, making me not eligible.

I learned my lesson with buying a receiver. Paid $550 for a 721 and look what happened to that one. They send you a replacement LEASED receiver and no matter how much you fight with them, they demand it to be a leased receiver. At least they still waived the DVR fee. No more paying that much for a receiver EVER again. Around $100 is my limit.

I am NOT paying $639 for a Dish Network receiver, as well as the same montly fee a leased customer pays. I’m already doing that with a 722 since Dish does not allow customers to lease anymore than 4 tuners per account and I only have 3 HD TVs! With that price, I would get a computer, use Windows Media Center with my Windows Mobile phone and Windows Mobile PDA. (which I am already doing for a few years now) Plus, I have an Apple iPod that I can use to watch TV/movies/clips. And the thing is, I do NOT like TV that much! My monthly rate is right around $300 and I think, Dish can do something about it.

I love how companies like Dish, Verizon FiosTV, Tivo, DirectTV charge customers about the same price for the same crap. I just have to shake my head and say, can anyone be creative? The more I look at the 922 on-screen guide, doesn’t it remind of you any other company’s? CLUE: DirectTV. Plus, funny how Tivo rolled out its new STB last week.

Last edited:
I learned my lesson with buying a receiver. Paid $550 for a 721 and look what happened to that one. They send you a replacement LEASED receiver and no matter how much you fight with them, they demand it to be a leased receiver. At least they still waived the DVR fee. No more paying that much for a receiver EVER again. Around $100 is my limit.

Yeah, I agree. Whatever happened to having a warranty on products that you buy. Its called, screw the customer. That's one of the reasons why I will not go with DirectTV. Same sh*t there. I picked the lesser or two evils.

I contacted Dish and was not I'm not eligible to upgrade til May, which makes sense as it'll be a year in May since I got my 722. I'm patient, plus it gives me time to find 200 extra bucks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)