Can Old DirecTV receiver be used as a tuner for Dish TV signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpatel20

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Indiana
So I recently changed my satellite provider from DirecTV to DishTV. I now have VIP722K dish DVR where second room gets signal via coax. Problem is that the second room has a monitor, hence no tuner. I have old DirecTV receiver D10-300 with no card. My question is can this receiver be used as a tuner ? Thanks in advance!

I think the 722k can be run in "dual mode" meaning u run a coax from the receiver to the second TV..and control the reciver (from that room) with a UHF remote

So I recently changed my satellite provider from DirecTV to DishTV. I now have VIP722K dish DVR where second room gets signal via coax. Problem is that the second room has a monitor, hence no tuner. I have old DirecTV receiver D10-300 with no card. My question is can this receiver be used as a tuner ? Thanks in advance!

longer version
The D10, while it has a OTA tuner in it, is a digital tuner only and cannot tune analog channels like the TV2 output is on Dish.
Also you would need a connection from the D* satellite to the D10 receiver to be able to try and use it
But since there is no card its a doorstop

Juan you are correct...that is how I am getting the signal to the monitor in the second room. Problem is it is a monitor and not the tv. There is no tuner.

I would run the composite output and audio to the monitor. PQ will also be better than RF from the Coax. 25' composite and audio cable on eBay is less than $8.

Last edited:
longer version
The D10, while it has a OTA tuner in it, is a digital tuner only and cannot tune analog channels like the TV2 output is on Dish.
Also you would need a connection from the D* satellite to the D10 receiver to be able to try and use it
But since there is no card its a doorstop
Double check that answer the D10 ia a basic SD receiver I think you are confusing it with a H10.

I would run the composite output and audio to the monitor. PQ will also be better than RF from the Coax. 25' composite and audio cable on eBay is less than $8.

I agree with this. That, or you can always get a TV tuner for your computer (assuming there is a computer the monitor is hooked to).

As far as the DirecTV receiver goes, it will not work with our service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts