Can or will the dishwire be active for full HD DVHS recordin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larryhdtv

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
I was going to get the 921,but I was on the phone with the Charlie Chat last night Jan.13 show.
I asked them if this dishwire outputs will be active & was told not on this model,and that maybe another upcoming model may be.
The only way I will get a 921 is if I can record to a external High Definition device like DVHS or the upcoming High Definition DVDs.
What is the purpose of the firewires if they don't activate them?
I was reading also that there may be "flagged" or down rez if the dishwire was activated.
How about all these people out there that bought a DVHS VCR & can't record the High Definition signal.It's would be a waste.
What do you do if the Hard Drive gets full? I would dump it to DVHS & archive it.

How about some support from you end users out there that have DVHS
& want to use the 921 to archive from.

I can record HD right now but only from the 169 setup,but I rather
have a all in one unit like the 921.

Larry - I suspect that the CSR you were talking to didn't understand what you were asking. I've heard reports from "insiders" that the dishwire ports may be ready to go even earler than expected on the 921.

BTW, sorry I missed your call last night. I didn't see you'd called until early this morning.

markdl said:
Larry - I suspect that the CSR you were talking to didn't understand what you were asking. I've heard reports from "insiders" that the dishwire ports may be ready to go even earler than expected on the 921.

BTW, sorry I missed your call last night. I didn't see you'd called until early this morning.
JVC is eager for this option and since they are a partner in the 921 it will be made active at some time. They sold their HD DVHS players promising the ability from a future JVC Set top Box

I guess it remains to be seen.
I bought the DVHS model 30000 almost 2 years now & have been patiently waiting.
I'm am sure there is other customers that bought
it for recording High Definition like myself.
JVC will have a lot of customers that will disappointed & not followin thru on their promise.
If this happens I will never buy anything from
JVC ever.

And also if the Dishwire(firewire) is activated
on the 921,I hope it will not have a signal lower then the full 1080I when be transferred to DVHS.

Also JVC has a website for DVHS & it's almost like a dead website .
When you go on that forum it takes like a year to get an answer.
I like to know if JVC will let us know for sure that what they claimed in the past about being able to record on DVHS will hold up via this 921 DVR.

It would be nice to get owners of this DVHS machines to respond to JVC like I am doing & they will here this.

I guess we will soon see if they live up to their promise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)