Can Pick Up 110 Bird, 101 and 119 are No Shows?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TradeViceroy

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Evening:

Pointing satellite dishes is nothing new to me, but I'm am just shocked that I can't lock onto 101. I am currently trying to point a Phase III dish. It is located on a plumb pole mount approximately 5 ft off the ground. Here's my alignment info:

Azimuth = 202 degrees
Elevation = 49 degrees
Tilt = 68 degrees

After a few minutes I was able to pick up 110 with a 98 lock, but nothing on 110 and 119. About ten minutes later (massively adjusting the tilt) I got 101, but the on screen tool said it was a satellite mismatch. It was only receiving a few transponders in the upper 20s and lower 30s. A little bit more time fooling around with it and I supposedly locked onto 119, but again the satellite was mismatched (low signal on 110).

The only place for the satellite dish on our property is near the edge of the fence along the highway. I've got a clear view of the southern sky AFTER approximately 192 degrees. There are no trees in the way at all.

If I lock onto 110 easily, how far apart are 101 and 119 to 110? Are they lower or higher in the sky than 110?

Can any of you shed some light on my situation and possibly offer any advice? I appreciate it. Thanks!

I shouldn't have any problems though since the sky is clear after 192 degrees, correct?

Grydlok:
I was thinking that too, but I triple checked all around the pole and the top of it with a level and everything is straight on. I'll try raising the elevation some more when I go back up there.

Colebert:
Thanks! =)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)