No more OnDemand?

Egh1102

Original poster
Sep 10, 2023
New Jersey
OnDemand stopped working on my 2 DVR receivers yesterday. Customer support has been useless (unplug the receiver…etc.). Did DTV update their software or something, still works on my 2 newer boxes.

I see the same thing on my HR24-500, do a smart search, pretty much most of the expected VOD results are missing except for some movies and single episodes of select shows. The VOD pages are still there in the 1000s, but most of the actual content is unavailable.

i.e. Heels on Starz. If I go to channel 1525 and select the graphic for Heels, I immediately get to the VOD watch/download page for this past Friday's episode, but if I scroll down to "Heels" on the left side of channel 1525 where every previous episode is usually available, it just does a search and then says "The service is temporarily unavailable, Please try looking for your title later" The same behavior exists on other channels like ABC on 1007, Fox on 1011, Disney on 1290, Nick on 1300, etc. Only single episodes of the shows that have a graphic on the right side work, but clicking any of the shows on the left gives the "service is temporarily unavailable" error.

Same here, I can access the channels VOD but when picking a show to watch it shows an error, try again later, been like that for about a week.

Reactions: KyL416
They found the issue and fixed it on their backend earlier today. Try it again.

They said you might also need to reboot your receiver, but for me it started working again without a reboot about an hour ago.

Reactions: JZ4K
They found the issue and fixed it on their backend earlier today. Try it again.

They said you might also need to reboot your receiver, but for me it started working again without a reboot about an hour ag
Yes it's fixed, did not have to reboot, thanks!

Reactions: KyL416