Can someone else buy an 811 for you if you are on DHP?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shellbmb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
If I am on DHP and want to take advantage of the 199 offer for the 811, could I have someone who is not on the DHP plan (ie: parents) buy the 811 for that price and just let me use it?

Also, I have heard deals of $149 and $199. Which one is it? Is it $149 for those who already have the extra dish if needed?

Thanks.

Since installation is included, they would have to have it installed at their house and service initiated for the 811 in their name.

The purchaser has to commit to a 1 year contract at the minimum level of AT-50, and activate it on their account. If they don't keep it active for 1 year there is a penalty clause.

I am a DHP customer and got the $149 deal - you have to call 1-866-443-5162 (the Dish Network executive office) and speak to one of the CSR's there. The regular CSR's will most likely not be able to help, so this exec office number is great! Also, I did not have to commit to any programming level, sign up for credit card autopay or anything like that. The $149 price is for 'exclusive' customers who have been with Dish for a few years, have had one of the higher-end packages for a while etc... Everyone else gets the $199 rate. Hope that clears it up - good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts