Can someone explain these charges?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
On my monthly bill I'm getting the following charges and was hoping someone could clarify them for me. I've been a dish customer for probably 3-4 years now. According to my most recent invoice this is what is described along with the charges:

Digital Home Plan w/ AT60, 1RCVR, Local: $36.99
Leased Receiver Fee: $5.00
HD: $10.00

I have an older 301 (I think) that came with the original install several years ago and recently traded my other 301 for an 811. I understand the HD charge, but it appears to me that disregarding the HD, I am basically paying $42 for AT60 w/ locals on 2 TVS!!! When I go to the website it says that the cost for AT60 w/ locals on 4 TVs is $31.99...Why am I getting raped this additional $10 every month? Am I actually paying an additional $5 per receiver every month? If so, is there any way at all to get out of this? Thanks in advance for any and all clarification.

McBride

The DHP had a built in $5 monthly equipment warrenty. So, you are actually paying $31.99 for the AT60, $5 for the lease fee, which is $36.99. The additional outlet fee is $4.99 per receiver, which brings your bill to $41.98. If you got the 811 through the upgrade, you should have gotten the HDPack for 1/2 price for 1 year, so it should only be $4.99. If not, then your bill is correct. The DHA you are seeing is for new customers using dual tuner receivers plugged into a landline. It's $31.99 for 2 TVs and $36.98 for 4 TVs. However, this doesn't include the extended warrenty(unless you sign a commitment, and then the warrenty if free for the commitment. You have to pay for it after the commitment). There is no way to change from a DHP to a DHA.

Larry is right.

31.99--AT60
5.00---Lease Fee
Here is your 36.99
4.99---Additional Receiver(your 811)

Your bill is right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts