Can someone give me a couple of straight answers? Dish website sucks.

nyvram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
1. Is it possible as a new customer to pay $24.99/mo for basic HD package and buy nothing else?

2. Where are the hidden fees? Reciever rental? DVR rental?

3. How much tax is there? I don't want to sign up for $25/mo service only to get a bill in the mail for $37.72 each month.

4. Who is the best place/installer to get a deal from? I know there used to be a company that advertised here that everyone recommended.

5. What kind of install/rebate games does Dish play these days? I've been burned by them in the past.

6. Is the $24.99/bronze rate good for 2 years if you sign up with a 2-year contract? How much is this price expected to go up?

7. Is the current DVR decent? I got my parents a 622(?) I think and it seems to work ok. I'm a little confused by all the new models.

Thanks..and I'm sure this info is lurking around the forums in different places..I am hoping that someone can answer some basic "MONEY OUT OF POCKET" questions for someone getting a brand new hookup from DISH.

If you had gone through Dish Builder you would have found what you're asking for:

TurboHD Bronze $25.39
Locals $5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.60

Total: $34.99 plus taxes.

No lease fee on first receiver

Thanks! Can I ask one more very stupid question then I'll go back to lurking..?

What is Dishbuilder? Is there a link here that I'm staring right at and don't realize it?

It is part of DISH's website where you order your system. As a former customer I would suggest calling DISH and get there offer for yourself. I expect that DISH will raise prices every year usually around Feb. or March.

Break open the phone book and call a local installer. They will be able to give you a quote including taxes. Installers make more if you order through them. Since they make more, they often offer gifts like iPods or DVD players.

Dish performs audits on installs ordered through Dish. What that means is the physical dish must be mounted on the front of the house where it is visible from the street. If you order through an installer you can have hardware mounted out of sight.

Dish performs audits on installs ordered through Dish. What that means is the physical dish must be mounted on the front of the house where it is visible from the street. If you order through an installer you can have hardware mounted out of sight.
I don't believe that to be true. Mine can't be seen from the street and I ordered through Dish.

Not true. The front of my house faces north.

Doh! I see the 'dish builder' now on dishtv site.

Who is the installer that advertises the best price on this site? Dishnet? I'd rather use an installer who advertises here if possible thanks to the endless amount of knowledge I've gotten from this forum.

Doh! I see the 'dish builder' now on dishtv site.

Who is the installer that advertises the best price on this site? Dishnet? I'd rather use an installer who advertises here if possible thanks to the endless amount of knowledge I've gotten from this forum.
The DishStore.net has a great reputation 'round here.

Last edited:
Thanks again! That's who I'm going to use.

PS For $35ish/mo, including DVR & locals in HD, I can't imagine how DirecTV competes at all. The most basic plan over there is like $53/mo (after intro period 'discount')

Break open the phone book and call a local installer. They will be able to give you a quote including taxes. Installers make more if you order through them. Since they make more, they often offer gifts like iPods or DVD players.

Since when are they mounted on the front of the house. I ordered mine through Dish, and the local installer (intertech) installed the dish on the back of the house (5 years ago) and you can't even tell I have a dish from the street.

Since when are they mounted on the front of the house. I ordered mine through Dish, and the local installer (intertech) installed the dish on the back of the house (5 years ago) and you can't even tell I have a dish from the street.
Misinformation.

That makes no sense.

:eek:where in the world did you get the "Dish performs audits on installs ordered through Dish. What that means is the physical dish must be mounted on the front of the house where it is visible from the street. If you order through an installer you can have hardware mounted out of sight. " Dish installers will do there best to put the dish were you want, and give good signal. To Audit the install that don't care where the dish is.

LOL.... and I invented the internet, Obama is the savior of the universe, and I own ocean front property in Nevada...

Why do people regurgitate misinformation like this unless they are part of the media? This reminds of the gossipers in high school that I hated when they started stories like "i heard this from my cousin's sister's milkman's mother's neice's uncle's brother's teacher that.... so it must be true!

LOL.... and I invented the internet, Obama is the savior of the universe, and I own ocean front property in Nevada...

Why do people regurgitate misinformation like this unless they are part of the media? This reminds of the gossipers in high school that I hated when they started stories like "i heard this from my cousin's sister's milkman's mother's neice's uncle's brother's teacher that.... so it must be true!
You forgot mission from god..... ooo wait she did say that!!:eek:

The more I think of it, the funnier that comment about requiring the dish on the front of the house gets. Probably 90 to 95 percent of all dishes are in the back of the house on the roof of the tool shed, or the garage, or the back porch. The only way a dish would end up on the front of a house is when lne of sight requires it. What a joker!!!

fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts