Can someone more logical than me explain this to me. Velocity Channel

I know what everyone is saying, but I agree with the OP. It makes little sense. In fact, why have the disc/BB@Home package tied to any channels at all? Why not have the channel packages be channel packages and have the disc-at-home and streaming service that is BB@Home be its own add-on service? That is what really makes little sense to me. I understand how it evolved into what it is, but it still doesn't make sense to new customer--or even to long-time customers in my case. I wish they'd break it out. I want the channels, but I too have had a disc collecting dust for several months. I feel like I'm being forced to pay for something I don't want just to get the channels I *do* want even though it was added to that Platinum package as a "free" add-on.

That makes zero sense. Those channels have been $10 as a package before there was any BB. The discs were added as no charge. Now you want everyone to pay more for their packages for these channels even though they may not want them, AND you would want people to pay something for the discs. You didn't think those channels would be added free to the existing packages did you? There's going to be price increases as it is, if Dish wants to drive people away they will take your advice. Many have been clamoring for A La Carte, and Dish while not able to exactly that has managed to let people decide on at least some programming by making the package add on's.

I understand what everyone is saying. I understand that it was added as a free add-on to the Platinum package and the package was renamed. What I'm saying is that IT MAKES ZERO SENSE TO A NEW CUSTOMER THAT DOESN'T KNOW THIS HISTORY. Does anyone disagree with that statement? A new customer is going to see this and might think: "I want those channels, but I could care less about the disc-at-home. I'm paying for something I don't want just to get channels I *do* want.".

I understand we are getting "something for nothing". I have no issue with it and do use the disc-at-home service sparingly. HOWEVER, I'd prefer for them to either add the platinum channels into the Top 250 or leave it as an a la carte but a few dollars cheaper. I'm sure neither will happen, but I was just stating my preference.

I don't plan ahead to watch movies, which is why I cancelled my Netflix disc subscription (but kept streaming). Disc-at-home was fine years ago, but I just don't use it with the great streaming options available. If you live in an area where you can't get decent broadband (or simply must watch everything in 1080p), I understand why you want to keep the physical disc option.

I agree with that sentiment. A simple name change to something like Platinum+BB@H would go a long way.

HOWEVER, I'd prefer for them to either add the platinum channels into the Top 250 or leave it as an a la carte but a few dollars cheaper. I'm sure neither will happen, but I was just stating my preference.

It's that part that I don't understand. You want it to be cheaper, well I want top250 to be cheaper, don't we all. Since that package was $10 before the discs, what makes you think years later, with increasing prices that package would drop in price even without the discs without losing channels? No matter how you word it, no matter how new or old the subscriber is, that package is the same price it has been with an added component. Why in the world would I want to get less? If all this is to because it needs a name change, who cares, change the name. But that makes no material difference......
Second, as I posted before, you want to raise the price of the top250, which is most likely already going to see a price increase. No thank-you. None of it makes sense.

All it needs is a name change. BB@H + Platinum for only ten bucks is a great deal.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)