Stacking a DPP33 switch after a DPP44 switch

aaronwt6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
SE Georgia
I was wondering who has tried this and if it will work correctly? I certainly don't see any reason why it wouldn't but I'd like verification before I try it on an install I have this weekend.

Thanks,

Aaron

It should work, but I have only tried it on a DP34 connected to a DPP33.

Thanks. I'm looking at doing this connected to a 1000.2 dish so I'm not sure if that will function properly either. I'm pretty sure I can't hook the DPP33 directly to that dish but was hoping cascading it after the DPP44 would make it function properly. Maybe I shouldn't go there counting on it.

I have it working at my house. I have a DPP44 and have 3 satellite connections to a DPP33 from the satellite pass through ports of the DPP44.

I have it working at my house. I have a DPP44 and have 3 satellite connections to a DPP33 from the satellite pass through ports of the DPP44.

Thanks mike. So that solves question 1 then. What type of LNB(s) are you running? I'm hoping this will function on a 1000.2 or Western Arc 1000.4 LNB.

What type of LNB(s) are you running? I'm hoping this will function on a 1000.2 or Western Arc 1000.4 LNB.

The DPP44 is supposed to work when attached to a 1000.2 or 1000.4; it disables the internal switch on the 1000.n. (For completeness, please note that my DP34 is not supposed to work like that.)

The DPP44 is supposed to work when attached to a 1000.2 or 1000.4; it disables the internal switch on the 1000.n. (For completeness, please note that my DP34 is not supposed to work like that.)

Yeah. I've used a DPP44 switch in that manner. And I've cascaded two of them off a 1000.2 as well. But I've never hooked a DPP33 switch after one before. Basically Mike solved the first mystery I had and now I'm just not sure if I would need regular DP LNBs on the dishes for it all to work or if having the DPP44 in front of the DPP33 will allow it to function properly. Its sounding like it will.

Do you just have the 3 inputs from the 1000.x coming into the DPP44? Assuming you do, the DPP33 will work fine. If you have a 4th orbital coming into the DPP44 then I believe you lose which ever one you do not connect to the DPP 33.

Do you just have the 3 inputs from the 1000.x coming into the DPP44? Assuming you do, the DPP33 will work fine. If you have a 4th orbital coming into the DPP44 then I believe you lose which ever one you do not connect to the DPP 33.

Yes sir. I just want to use the 3 sats. Need to run 5 receivers off of one dish. 4 of which are dual tuners. I have one DPP44 and one DPP33 on hand and that's why I was getting the input. Hate to buy another DPP44 if its not needed.

Yes sir. I just want to use the 3 sats. Need to run 5 receivers off of one dish. 4 of which are dual tuners. I have one DPP44 and one DPP33 on hand and that's why I was getting the input. Hate to buy another DPP44 if its not needed.
If the fifth is a single tuner you could even get away with a DP34.

When I added the third Hopper yesterday I ran into this same dilemma. I had ordered a DPP44 and a DPP33, only to see later on that supposedly DPP33 doesn't work with 1000.2 or any other DPP LNB. However I've read around that having it trunked from the DPP44 will be just fine. So Make sure the DPP44 is the first switch (no other way to hook it up anyway as DPP33 has no passthrough.) So anyway I hooked it all up yesterday (1000.2 + DPP44 + DPP33) and so far it's flawless.

When I added the third Hopper yesterday I ran into this same dilemma. I had ordered a DPP44 and a DPP33, only to see later on that supposedly DPP33 doesn't work with 1000.2 or any other DPP LNB. However I've read around that having it trunked from the DPP44 will be just fine. So Make sure the DPP44 is the first switch (no other way to hook it up anyway as DPP33 has no passthrough.) So anyway I hooked it all up yesterday (1000.2 + DPP44 + DPP33) and so far it's flawless.

Perfect. Thanks! I'll let you know how it all works out. May also just go with the DP34 at the end. Didn't even consider that since I will indeed have one single tuner.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I hooked this all up yesterday and it worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone that gave me their input.

Thanks for the followup! So far my 3 Hoppers with the DPP44/DPP33 backhaul are still truckin'.

I bought a DPP33 recently. Amazon seemed to have the best price. Solid Signal was a little more expensive with shipping.

So I am thinking of doing the DPP44 stack with DPP33. I have the new Hopper right now (2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys). I also have 2 ViP722 form an old account. I want to use them all on 1 dish so thinking of getting DPP44 and DPP33 where DPP33 will be used strictly for the Hopper setup since dual Hopper requires 3 ports which fits nicely to the DPP33. The DPP44 will be for my 2 ViP722.

Can this be done? and also do I need to use the power inserter for the DPP44 (hook up to port 1)? I have 3 sats cable coming from the dish down to my house.

So I am thinking of doing the DPP44 stack with DPP33. I have the new Hopper right now (2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys). I also have 2 ViP722 form an old account. I want to use them all on 1 dish so thinking of getting DPP44 and DPP33 where DPP33 will be used strictly for the Hopper setup since dual Hopper requires 3 ports which fits nicely to the DPP33. The DPP44 will be for my 2 ViP722.

Can this be done? and also do I need to use the power inserter for the DPP44 (hook up to port 1)? I have 3 sats cable coming from the dish down to my house.

I assume since you said the 722s are from an old account they are not activated. Dish won't allow ViP receivers with the exception of a single 211 on any account with hoppers. I believe you'd need another account to activate them.

I assume since you said the 722s are from an old account they are not activated. Dish won't allow ViP receivers with the exception of a single 211 on any account with hoppers. I believe you'd need another account to activate them.

This is correct.

So I have a question and not sure if this setup is possible.

Like I said above, I have 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys, and I also have ViP722 as well. Now the problem is that the way dish guy installed for me is as follow:

1. 1 4-ports Dish HD Plus LNB (110, 119, 118 - I believe)
2. 1 1-port Dish Pro LNB (129 bird I believe)
3. He has 3 cables go to my house from the 4-Port Dish HD Plus LNB. The Dish Pro LNB he connects to the 4th port of the Dish HD Plus LNB.

Now with the DUO switch, the hopper be able to pick up all 4 sats with just 3 cables. When hooking these 3 cables to DPP44 in front of DUO switch, Hopper can only pick up 110, 118, and 119 sats (no 129). I am avoiding running another cable from the dish down into my house so I am wondering if a DP21 will work with DPP44. That is, hooking up Sat 129 and 1 port of the 4-port HD Plus LNB to the DP21 switch and then use the output line from the DP21 switch to 1 sat port of the DPP44. Will this setup allow DPP44 to have 4 sats link together using just 3 cables? If not, is there any other way beside running another cable into the house from the Dish?

Setup1.JPG

Setup2.JPG

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)